Overheating 700 Grizzly

snitter

Reaction score
My grizz overheats every time I go in a little mud. Checked fluid levels. All good. I clean my rad every chance I get on the trail but I don't think that I should have to stop after every puddle. Has anyone used a product called Mocool?? It's supposed to keep the temp. down.:realmad:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
The rad is plugged with mud it may look clean but it is not you have to see through it to be clean ....try putting a flashlight behind you will see how clean it really is

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah i have a grizz too and i have never had an overheating issue.. if you have a 660 take off the side pannels, sure it donest look nice but it sure helps with heating.. i have never run mine sence day one. and the one weekend i put them on. BAMMMM on comes the heat light.. so i took them off.. and check the 4 conrners of the rad with a flashlight.. you more then likley have mud or cement stuck in there from all the mud over time being stuck in there and not cleaned out.

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or you could move the Rad:d

Attachments

• Castor Quadding 041.jpg
    Castor Quadding 041.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 71

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Most likely it's coming from mud being thrown on the back side of the rad from the tires. Front still looks clean i bet but the back side is coated. A piece of crazy carpet cut and put between the rad shroud and the shocks should cure most issues. Throw the stock pipe in the bush and get an aftermarket one, helps the engine breathe better getting all that heat out through the exhaust.

Wise Mechanical

Reaction score
My fathers 700 grizz had the same over heating problem, we put mocool in it and it seemed to make a big difference.

Robins

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with mine... Where do you get MoCool from?
Spent 3 hours cleaning it out with hose and flashlight until I was sure that I got it all.

Thanks

Top Bottom