Outdoor movies at home

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone else done this? I have a 10' retractable screen we are going to mount in the covered deck. My concern is if there is any breeze the screen fill flap. Was considering building a 3 panel sliding wall from plexiglass. Can slide it closed on movie nights to stop the wind or even in the winter to help keep snow out. Anyone else have one at home or have any ideas? Im also concerned about the plexi glass bending to much when its very windy and popping out of the tracks.

We did this at the seasonal lake lot we had from 4X8 sheets of wood painted white. It was awesome to sit around the fire and watch a movie.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming with a projector.....

Great idea, would love to see the setup

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone else done this? I have a 10' retractable screen we are going to mount in the covered deck. My concern is if there is any breeze the screen fill flap. Was considering building a 3 panel sliding wall from plexiglass. Can slide it closed on movie nights to stop the wind or even in the winter to help keep snow out. Anyone else have one at home or have any ideas? Im also concerned about the plexi glass bending to much when its very windy and popping out of the tracks.

We did this at the seasonal lake lot we had from 4X8 sheets of wood painted white. It was awesome to sit around the fire and watch a movie.
You could try to make it a "tensioned" screen, this would stop some of the flapping.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have done this occasionally and anything white for a back ground works even a bed sheet stapled to a wall.. good times

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the town does this weekly in the summer with an inflatable screen in the park downtown, Good times.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be sure to post some pics once its all setup. That is, if it ever stops snowing

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Will be sure to post some pics once its all setup. That is, if it ever stops snowing

it will..... and hopefully it gets really hot after too and dries up this overly soaked ground.

the other thing you could do would be take the screen fabric out of the case, and attach it to a sheet of plywood, then you don't have to worry about it flapping in the breeze.

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone is looking for a propper outdoor projector movie screen I have an unused still in package. It ties up in the corners. I will post pics and specs when i get home.

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure its the 114" one. Dont want to open it up on the house. $100.00. Pm me or call 780-909-1934 Im in Sherwood Park.

Top Bottom