Outboard motor E-Tec or Merc

Captainkip

Reaction score
Looking at a 150 horse motor for my 18 ft Skeeter Fish and Ski. Looking for opinions on which is better the Evinrude E-tec or the Merc Optimax. Seems like the Merc would be 2- 3K cheaper.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Looking at a 150 horse motor for my 18 ft Skeeter Fish and Ski. Looking for opinions on which is better the Evinrude E-tec or the Merc Optimax. Seems like the Merc would be 2- 3K cheaper.

They are both great engines. My decision then would be who is the best dealer nearby for service.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Why not go to a yamaha? skeeters use only yamahas, well at least the new ones, not sure on your boats year, heard they are very reliable.

We just picked up a 210 Sl with a HPDI 225 skeeter.... Have yet to drive it but I hear its smooth, accelerates hard and does 73 mph....

Captainkip

Reaction score
Good calls on the Yamahas. I did not think of them as I assumed as with sleds it was all four stroke. I will go to the dealer in town and check out prices forsure. Very impressed with what I have seen in the past so they should be a great engine.

Top Bottom