Our BC tax dollars hard at work!

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How long will it be until wildsight starts barking about more closures, even though this pretty much disproves that theory?

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best part of that story... They expected the herd to "meet up" somewhere. Apparently the Caribou should be protected because they were thought to have the magical powers of facebook.
I'm sure they each had radio collars but without headsets, how were they expected to communicate and decide on the meeting spot. I think we should drop the scientists in the backcountry, let them live like a caribou and then come back with some real solutions. They may suffer the same fate. Oh well. the money has already been committed. ;)

Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Want to speak on missuse of government funds....

Quebec city has reached a deal with the province to build a $400m arena in the hopes of luring an NHL franchise to the city...200m city /200m province

Quebec recieves 7.4B annually in transfer payments from Ottawa

Edmonton can't get a deal done on an arena for an existing team when the owner is willing to enter into a partnership.... Calgary will be in the same boat because the province has said "No money for entertainment complexes...Alberta contributed 14.3B to the equalization program in 2012....

Nothing to do with BC, but still a farce... 4 provinces contribute (AB/BC/SK/NFLD)...all others recieve....

Last edited:

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Want to speak on missuse of government funds....

Quebec city has reached a deal with the province to build a $400m arena in the hopes of luring an NHL franchise to the city...200m city /200m province

Quebec recieves 7.4B annually in transfer payments from Ottawa

Edmonton can't get a deal done on an arena for an existing team when the owner is willing to enter into a partnership.... Calgary will be in the same boat because the province has said "No money for entertainment complexes...Alberta contributed 14.3B to the equalization program in 2012....

Nothing to do with BC, but still a farce... 4 provinces contribute (AB/BC/SK/NFLD)...all others recieve....

mayby seperation isnt such a bad idea after all save us a pile of dough

snowhunter

Reaction score
Absolutely separate the west and let the east fend for themselves why should we be always paying for everyone else just saying lol

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so more caribou died in one year by tree huggers sticking there nose in where they don't no anything than died by the result of sledding in last ten years

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so more caribou died in one year by tree huggers sticking there nose in where they don't no anything than died by the result of sledding in last ten years

Yup. But I think it was one of the best uses of taxpayer money in a long time! (Wait a minute before bashing me, I have a point to make.) It finally proved what those of us involved in this fight have been saying for years. This herd is doomed...and it had nothing to do with snowmobiles!

Trying it again, however, would be a terrible waste of money.

Top Bottom