Ouch...

Drako99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So rode my rzr all day Sunday with the gang, washed and cleaned it, got home and as we were taking the Rzr off the trailer my gf says to me "it's making a weird noise"

So I take a closer look, and sure enough a loud bang/clunk and grinding noise... never good.

Upon further invetigation with my buddy (who is more mechnically inclined than myself) it was narrowed down to the rear diff....

Sadly, one of the teeth on the gear in the rear diff sheared off.... we took off the fill plug on the rear diff and slowly rolled the machine to inspect the gears till we found the issue.

So took it in... and while its in the shop, upgrading to a stronger diff casing... and doing a clutch kit.... the ouch part.... the $2500-3000 repair bill quote....

Expensive hobbies....

Drako99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought it used off a private sale. So sadly no warranty

MHC73

Reaction score
Yeah, with the Commanders we have a bit of dealer back up. BUT, if we start destroying these Can Am's I'm sure we'll have issues. Still I had 36 months with no added costs, but I guess they got me with the pricing.

rzrs

Reaction score
I recently had a rear diff replaced with my extended warranty on a 2010 purchased april 2010. No troubles there.

Top Bottom