Other Mama's & Sitters

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Live outside Sylvan Lake and have 2 girls under the age of 2. I am looking for a sitter that could possibly come out camping with us on occassion so that the hubby and I could actually ride together. Anyone know of anyone? Anyone else in the same situation?

Always looking for new people to camp n quad with as well!!! :)

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy a Rhino or something similar. I get way more drive time now that the whole family can pile into one buggy.

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whaaaaaat???? No way! I'd rather take a sitter!!! lol

lol Eventually we will get one but they are to small right now anyways.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My oldest daughter was 2 when we bought our first Ranger 6x6. We strapped her into a carseat, and seatbelted her in. She slept like a rock for most of the day. My youngest daughter was under a year, with the same results. As long as a person uses lots of common sense, and doesn't try to keep up to the first guy down the trail, it is an awesome time. If you are looking for new people and places to go this year, we hope to get out west every second weekend. You might have to put up with Sledmamma, as her and her pride come with us quite a bit, but we always have a great time.

Last edited:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My oldest daughter was 2 when we bought our first Ranger 6x6. We strapped her into a carseat, and seatbelted her in. She slept like a rock for most of the day. My youngest daughter was under a year, with the same results. As long as a person uses lots of common sense, and doesn't try to keep up to the first guy down the trail, it is an awesome time. If you are looking for new people and places to go this year, we hope to get out west every second weekend. You might have to put up with Sledmamma, as her and her pride come with us quite a bit, but we always have a great time.

I just don't even know what to say... its not like I ever give YOU a hard time. Just mindin' my own business and gettin attacked... Sheesh!! :confused:

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL

I think I would rather just have someone there to watch the girls so that I can go out and mess around for the day, have some bevies, that sort of thing and not have to worry about it. But I am sure we will be getting one in no time.
Cant wait to get out camping! Its been a long time! Traded in the 40 foot toy hauler for a "family friendly" one and havent even had the chance to use it yet! lol
Where do you guys usually go? The past couple of years we have been heading to Phyllis Lake area, Chambers, Outwest. We used to go down by Bearberry, Sundre, and farther south, but to many coppers that way.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Medicine Lake has always been the choice spot in the past, but it has gotten stupid busy. We have a couple of "secret spots" west of Rimbey, across highway 22. Camping is great, trails are fun, and traffic is light. Not a lot of young 'ens partying, just us old farts with kids.

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya this whole "with kids" deal is new for me LOL. How old are yours?

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My girls are 5 and 7. I think they like being on the trails more than me and my wife. There is no chance that they would let us go quadding without them, I'm pretty sure they would duck tape the baby sitter, and burn down the trailer before we got back.

tbosch

Reaction score
We go out quite a bit with my in laws quadding in the west country. Theres lots of babysitters ( we all have little ones of our own) at camp while we head out riding. I'll let you know when and where we're planning on heading. I have to warn you now though, things get a little crazy around the campfire after the little ones are in bed. Everyone likes their beers and tequilas quite a bit...:beer::beer:;):beerchug:

Top Bottom