Oregon Dunes!

Patman

Reaction score
I am heading in a few weeks to the Oregon Dunes and hope some of you have recommendations on places/rentals where the best machines and experiences are available?

I married there 17 years ago on a motorcycle tour down the West Coast and we had a blast on Honda Pilots at the time blasting around the sands with a CR500 engine screaming at my back!

We are heading there this summer with two teenage boys with our toy hauler in tow but will rent rather than haul ATV's that far south! !
(my new truck is not set up fully yet...)

I appreciate any advice/info of anyone who has been there recently? We wed at Coos Bay (make's sense by name, doesn't it).

Cheers

Patman

:th_quad:

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went last June had a blast we camped at the spin reel state park campground there is a rental company right across the road that rents quads and Sxs
i hope you have reservations for the campground already as when we went in June we had to prebook and even a month early there was only a couple spots left

Do you have your offload operators permit card for from the state of Oregon ? Everyone who operates an offload vehicle in the state of Oregon needs to have one (at least under 50 this year) it is an easy free online course

rideATVoregon | Welcome

Patman

Reaction score
Thanks Heaps for this info!

We have finalized our dates this week and the in-laws have scoped out the campgrounds on the way (reservations and all).

I did not realize they required this course now for the dunes.....kinda like Canada's new boat operator's licence I guess! Thanks for the link!

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Course is real easy common sense stuff when done they let you print a temp card and about three weeks later you get the real one in the mail

Top Bottom