opinions on mountain magic 900 big bore kit

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what peoples opinions are on the mountain magic polaris liberty 900 big bore kit.

anyone have this kit? was it worth the money? reliability? power?

Im looking around for big bore and boondocker EFI control + nitrous to put in my assault in the offseason. Ive decided on big bore and spray over turbo, because i would like the power when i want it, not all the time. because i ride in a variety of conditions, and i like to boondock too. small turbos spool too fast to be riding between trees and in tight quarters IMO.

any ideas on power output? fuel octane rating necessary? reliability factor?

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this a kit they have put together using their own aftermarket cylinders and in house porting? Or are they using an Engine Tech kit with billet cylinders or?? My opinion, if i was looking to go bigbore on the new 800 motor i would be going to Carls Cycle in Boise, Idaho. Bar none one of the best outfits for aftermarket porting and bigbores for Polaris.

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah the mountain magic one is an engine tech kit.

Although i have heard that carls cycle is the way to go for big bores on these things.

maybe ill go that way instead, i would like to stay with something i know is going to be reliable and recommended.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh know them crazy uncontrollable turbos:rolleyes: maybe I should stop driving my turbo diesel pickup in parking lots to;) lol. I have not run the enginetech motor myself but i do run a bigbore. I like it because im running on stock compression ratios. I can get fuel from where ever and its a lot more cost efficient then running a turbo (reeds, racegas, premature engine life). The worst part is that by the time you do the bigbore, fuel controller, airintake, and pipe or pipes how much cheaper is it then the turbo. You want to do nitrous so your dealing with race gas anyways. Im not sure what alltitude you ride at but in most cases a bigbore on nitrous will not pull with a well setup turbo all day. I dont know if you have ever rode a turbo dragon before (I havent), but I would try to get a little seat time on one before the off season.

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nah, not worried about crazy uncontrollable turbos. I know how turbos are. And believe me an auto turbo diesel geared for towing is much different to handle than a high revving High boost standard small car geared for acceleration. Especially on a windy track. Lol :)

one of my considerations was what you had mentioned though. Race gas.
With a turbo, race gas is pretty much required full time. But with nitrous it's only required with the spray as enrichment fuel. When not on spray I could run premium pump, and run an auxiliary fuel system for enrichment on spray. However... Added complexity... Not much, if any cheaper lol.

Either way is looking at big money haha

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it will be the same price either way but you will get MORE consistent HP from a PUMP gas turbo kit. even mixing 25% racing fuel allows you to run way more boost than a big bore and nitrous will ever come close too.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
. even mixing 25% racing fuel allows you to run way more boost than a big bore and nitrous will ever come close too.

Well now..........that depends on how big of a "Big Bore" you are running..... :D

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol yah i agree

however..i dont think a 800-->900 bb is going t0 yeild 200+hp on a 150hp motor haha.

900 BB say at 175 HP and 30 shot puts you at just over an honest 200 HP.

An 8-10 lb boost 800 wouldn't be climbing to far ahead of it... ;)

But if he's looking at running a full fuel circuit for only race gas, between pumps, injectors and harness, plus race gas tank, plus all the plumbing and wiring....

Installing a turbo would be easier. :)

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes but that honest 200 Hp from the bigbore and nitrous is maybe 160Hp at 6500 feet. The Turbo is effected very little power wise at altitude.

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok, so upon further research and shooting the sh!t with a few other people...

Ive heard many people back up what you just said about the altitude. I guess im going to go turbo afterall. pricewise its about same either way... from my experience with cars, nitrous is a little more finniky, especially when the bottle is cold, and refilling it would probably make it just as economical to run a race gas turbo kit anyways.

Im going to look into it a bit more, but i am becoming more convinced that racegas intercooled turbo setup, and EBC are probably the better choice...

lol

now to save my pennies.. hahah

Top Bottom