Opinions on M1100 turbo

farmerxp

Reaction score
Just cratered my 09 xp 880...again. Think I'm done with the doo. Was considering going to Pro RMK turbo or M8 turbo but starting to get talked into M1100 turbo. If I were to go to the M1100 I would probably do some mods (tuner, intake, can, etc.) to get to that 250hp area on pump gas. 4 stroke is looking really good after doing 3 800r motors in 1.5 years. Biggest concern is the weight. I weigh about 185lbs and enjoy the technical riding more than the vertical. My 880 xp was around 175hp and I've got to the point where it was no longer doing it for me. Looking for opinions on the 4 stroke 1100 turbo for my kind of riding.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im up in the air at the moment as well. There are certain things I like about the 2's and some with the 4's. Looking into the M1100 for next season myself...OR go with the 2 stroke 800

Last edited:

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm riding a 2013 M1100 Turbo with a couple "tweaks". I absolutely love the sled. I am 6' 2", weigh about 218lbs, 245 lbs with gear. Is it the right sled for you? can't answer that. What I do know is that the M1100 RIDES lighter then my previous M1000, and my wife's previous M8, both of which had lightweight goodies. If you get it stuck, you will hate life, but I mostly boondock & play in the trees with mine, only planted it twice (rider error). I would suggest looking at Evolution Powersports if reflashing or "hopping" the sled up - contact Gene @ White Knuckle Motorsports in Lloydminister, he'll hook you up with whatever you want from EVO. Hijacker, TD, & Speedwerx also offer reflashes, but those numbers are at sea level. The stock turbo becomes inefficient at 7000', most you'll see out of it is 215 hp at elevation, along with high charge temps. The BC Turbo is the way I would go personally, and it will live on pump gas at elevation.
P.S. - 400 miles on my sled, still on original belt with no appreciable wear showing.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 1100 turbo is one of the worst sleds ever. If you ride trails or areas without trees they might be ok. Hope your friends have strong backs.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 1100 turbo is one of the worst sleds ever. If you ride trails or areas without trees they might be ok. Hope your friends have strong backs.
I am presuming you owned one? True, it isn't as light as a 2 stroke, that is a given. But it is capable in the trees if you can muscle it around. I'm not a young man, but in good physical condition, and have no problem throwing it around. But it is more sled then a lot of riders can handle weightwise. P.S. - I was talked into buying one by Cory Micku, who had a bunch of seat time on one last year - he isn't a heavy guy, and doesn't really trail ride much. Glad he talked me into it, as I have no regrets thus far...

farmerxp

Reaction score
Doesn't look like the pro rmk is the best sled ever built either by your description at bottom of page lol. That sucks cause that's the other sled I'm strongly considering with a silber turbo. Any comments on how these engines/chassis have been holding up with the silber?

farmerxp

Reaction score
So when playing in the trees do you find you can use the extra jam to compensate for the extra weight to make it dance or are you just using your body more?

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love the power but the weight is a killer. If you got the $ go 2 stroke turbo. I have 2.0 hijacker. Mrbp boost tubes and 2.5 turbo back exhaust setup. Have to run race gas mix to get any more then 210hp out of them. With 1100 it take a lot of work to ride. I hopped back on 2010 m8 and could throw it around and spin donuts pretty easy as compared the 1100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

better-than-dan

Reaction score
I have blown 5 belts on my 2013 m1100 turbo in 533 miles. I do not ride this sled hard as I will get next to no miles on a belt. In at the dealer for the second time in one week. Have talked directly to arctic cat, no belt warranty. I would not recommend this sled to my worst enemy. Unless you like buying $250 belts every ride I would by something else. And yes all my alignment and deflections are set proper and have lots of vents.
Just my two bits.....

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have blown 5 belts on my 2013 m1100 turbo in 533 miles. I do not ride this sled hard as I will get next to no miles on a belt. In at the dealer for the second time in one week. Have talked directly to arctic cat, no belt warranty. I would not recommend this sled to my worst enemy. Unless you like buying $250 belts every ride I would by something else. And yes all my alignment and deflections are set proper and have lots of vents.
Just my two bits.....
Do u still have shims behind your secondary. They need to be removed for belt life

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats weird ur blowing belts, the 13 I've been riding has 400 miles so far and showing no wear at all on belt and its hopped up a little, might just be an isolated case, I find with this sled the extra power allowed a lil room for error when riding the trees as it made it easier to slow down a bit to get better positioned, but it also requires a fair bit more body english to maneuver than the my m8, all in all I really like the sled, also gets great fuel mileage for a 240 hp sled

jackpine savage

Reaction score
:nono:I had a 2012 cat 1100 turbo 163 last year, did boondocker control box, straight pipe, heavy hitter clutch kit and 3" track. I was not impressed, bought my wife a 2013 Doo with a 163" track and lightweight can. I rode that in revy in early Dec in 3 feet of fresh and kicked butt on the cat fourstroke, the XM not only out climbed the cat but handled like a dream. Needless to say I traded off the cat and now have two XM 800's. We rode last weekend at Frisby in good powder and had way more fun than on that heavy fourstroke.

trhaus

Reaction score
it seems the belt issues are on isolated sleds. just wondering if trying a different belt like a dayco/carlisle might work.
cat sent me a new belt and some extended warranty for my pc-800 but knock on wood not a problem yet. some dealers are better than others and it never hurts to talk to all of them sometimes the find a majic fix that other dealers dont know about

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it's all about what u want IMO. But from my experience of riding with many of my sled buds that have the M1100 they r impressive. They have been upgraded to 2.5" CE's and 3.0" tracks, either the EVO kits or Boondocker 2.0, exhaust etc. They all really enjoy the handling, tree riding, climbing and trail. Ignore all the four stroke haters because there is allot however facts are facts... Many guys on here and snowest have good reviews. If your willing to make changes to sled then its a good option. Good Luck with whatever u go with.:beer:

Just cratered my 09 xp 880...again. Think I'm done with the doo. Was considering going to Pro RMK turbo or M8 turbo but starting to get talked into M1100 turbo. If I were to go to the M1100 I would probably do some mods (tuner, intake, can, etc.) to get to that 250hp area on pump gas. 4 stroke is looking really good after doing 3 800r motors in 1.5 years. Biggest concern is the weight. I weigh about 185lbs and enjoy the technical riding more than the vertical. My 880 xp was around 175hp and I've got to the point where it was no longer doing it for me. Looking for opinions on the 4 stroke 1100 turbo for my kind of riding.

ajb1205

Reaction score
Another thing to consider is going to an m8 and throwing in a big bore kit. RK Tek makes a 925cc kit that puts out around 190+hp for about $3000 or so installed. Just something to maybe look into. Best of both worlds...lightweight, powerful and 100% turn key.

Top Bottom