Opinions on 525 IRS

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with an IRS machine? I was thinking the extra ground clearance ( 10" vs. 4.5") would be nice on the trails, and it's supposed to be a lot more comfortable as well. I'd like to ride trails, sand, etc. no MX.

I'm already heavy so the extra 40# isn't a huge deal to me.

popoman 500

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with an IRS machine? I was thinking the extra ground clearance ( 10" vs. 4.5") would be nice on the trails, and it's supposed to be a lot more comfortable as well. I'd like to ride trails, sand, etc. no MX.

I'm already heavy so the extra 40# isn't a huge deal to me.

my uz has a 525 polaris outlaw with mud lites not to much tred but he loves it for up at miinasticwan lake it has lots of trails that are pretty rough with roots and rocks

id say its a prety good atv for wat your using it for:ThumbsupMsn:

HARDCORE POSER

Reaction score
I went from a Scrambler to a 525 Outlaw, I wouldn't think of going back, If you have the nerve it will go anywhere you want it to. When it does get stuck it's light enough to lift and push.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went from a Scrambler to a 525 Outlaw, I wouldn't think of going back, If you have the nerve it will go anywhere you want it to. When it does get stuck it's light enough to lift and push.

No BS how will it do against other sport quads? is the 525 a lot more torquey than the 450's?

HARDCORE POSER

Reaction score

RyanGSP

Reaction score
honda 700xx ftw

I beleive Dirt Wheels and Quad did a comparison on the 700xx and the 525 and both the test riders rated the 525 a better bike for the trails. I cant remember what issue it was but if you want I can dig it up.

Infact I remember alot of the reviews I read about them they were pretty hard on the 700xx apparently it was missing alot in the bike. Would have to go through the reviews again but it didnt rate so high.

To each their own I am not trying to start a fight.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RyanGSP I had only read that the 700XX is a bit heavy. That's fine the hondas will always have people that love them for the good stuff.

I would like the 525IRS for the smoother ride, lighter than a 4x4, and still sounds like it can hang on a rutted trail.

I think I'd get into trouble on a big Outty ( for example ) cause they're heavy and fast. I also like the idea of being able to get a sport quad out of a stuck without using a mechanical device.

I guess I'll have to see how much OT I can pick up.....lol

JJ69

Reaction score
the 700xx will outrun an outlaw, theres not much difference between the two, other than honda is known for reliability and tough machines.

its 40 lbs heavier than a raptor.. really not the big of a deal, especially when i weigh 200lbs already.

i drive my 700xx everywhere from highways to snowy trails.. its unstoppable.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 700xx will outrun an outlaw, theres not much difference between the two, other than honda is known for reliability and tough machines.

its 40 lbs heavier than a raptor.. really not the big of a deal, especially when i weigh 200lbs already.

i drive my 700xx everywhere from highways to snowy trails.. its unstoppable.

ouch! haha I won't start the trash talk untill I make a decision and get a machine;)

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a 07 outlaw love the ride, awesome power just edges out a renegade on the top end. When i first got it went to the mountains a few times (lived by sask border) so i got some offset rimes -wider at the time. 07 rims had about 1/8" of clearance between inside of rim and the nob on the underside of the lower a-arm, this fixed the back end (4 inches wider on each side with about an inch of clearance) but wasnt trailing the front tracks so i got 2 1/2" spacers on each side. this setup is the shiit in the sand and tracks but harder to steer and through around to wide for the bush. Moved to the rocky area year ago and was tired of replacing tie-rod ends, bushings, ect.. hard on them.

Bought a 08 750 brute to take care of that problem. Love this machine as well

The outlaw is for sale, putting it back to stock tires and width, has jd jetkit, k&n, outerwear lid and filter, nerf bars, even have a 1000lb sw winch mounted in behind(aftermarket) bumper with control on left fender, cant shift and winch(just leave it in first. Geared it up a tooth with few other goodies.

Top Bottom