Opinions needed........

CRF230LKEL

Reaction score
Hey all!

My husband is looking at buying an 09 Arctic Cat 700 H1 EFI SE. On paper it looks like a great machine. But that isnt always the case.

So I would like any feedback you can provide, what do you think of it, what kind of experience have you had with this or an earlier model of the 700 H1 EFI.

Thanks!
:beerchug:

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cowboy curt has one and other than being heavy seems to be a great machine. if you want lots of power and light wieght check out the canam or the brute force

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tell him to spend the extra money and buy the Grizzly or The Brute Force or the Can Am products.Anything but the Arctic Cat Quad.I am a hard core Cat guy and I wouldnt buy another Arctic Cat Quad.There junk!
Now if its sleds your talking,Go Cat Go!
catmando!

CRF230LKEL

Reaction score
Tell him to spend the extra money and buy the Grizzly or The Brute Force or the Can Am products.Anything but the Arctic Cat Quad.I am a hard core Cat guy and I wouldnt buy another Arctic Cat Quad.There junk!
catmando!

My husband is also a die hard Cat guy - his joke is that he bleeds green. Can you give an example of the problems you have had with Cat quads?

Thanks for the info, its very helpful.

ssjrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 650 H1 and a 2006 500 cat quad. Other then being heavy and under powered they have been great. There ground clearence at the time was the best. I always have people asking me if i have a lift on it. I run the 29.5 outlaws on the H1 with out a lift no problem. As for reliability i have worked these machines hard in rivers, deep mud and have not really had to much problems. I also find them easy to work on and easy to put snorkels on.As for the power they are not that bad, just not as strong as the brutes, or can ams. But then i am not to sure of the 700 for i have never riden one.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
catmando!

I could'nt dissagree more. I believe that Cats atvs are the toughest quad on the market. I have had next to zero issues or problems with mine over the last 7 years. It has been rock solid. Cat has dominated the WSPA series over the last 3 or 4 years running stock H1 650's and H1 700's. And they pound the crap out of those poor machines in those races. Cats come out on top for a reason.

Why are you slammin Cat? Bad experience with a dealer? To say they're junk is a little overboard don't you think?

There are a pile of great machines offered by all manufacurers these days. If I was spending my hard earned dollars I would buy another Cat, it would be a 700 h1 LE. 2nd choice would be a T-Cat.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Unless its just for some casual granny riding steer clear of a cat IMO. They are heavy and under powered.
P.S. What is the WSPA series? Isn't that something to do with stray dogs or cats :confused:

J/K :d

dean_jimmy96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my uncle bought one green 700 h1 i think it was, most underpowered machine i have ever rode,the think is like a bronco 2 when driving through the bush,wide turning and i just hate that huge shifter,he has a clutch kit on it and it still dont have enough power,sure it looks cool with some rims and beast tires on but thats all thats good about it,like the guys were saying above spend the extra cash and get a grizzly or kawi or even a honda

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless its just for some casual granny riding steer clear of a cat IMO. They are heavy and under powered.
P.S. What is the WSPA series? Isn't that something to do with stray dogs or cats :confused:

WSPA is a sanctioned racing venue for 4x4 (sport utility) atvs just like motocross or snowcross type series or tours. Nothing to do with stray pets. :)

I have to laugh at the "heavy" comments that people make when referring to atv's. They are all heavy. Every one of them out there. We're not talkin sleds here. Whether it's a 500 lb 4x2 air cooled Honda or a 700 pound Polaris 800 they are all heavy. I'd rather ride the 800 twin Polaris. :confused:

As far as Cat being under powered compared to the rest... maybe in the 500 class only? Mine is slightly under powered (2002 500) when compared to a 500 polaris for example, but has more torque. Still gets me through what I need to get through :) However, the most powerful atv on the market is a Cat.

CRF230LKEL

Reaction score
It will be used mostly for low speed riding on hunting trips, sight seeing, plowing snow, towing a small trailer around etc.

Not looking for a fast machine to blast off jumps.
It will see a very wide range of temps, and altitudes though, so will only go with EFI.

Thanks all for your opinions, and sharing knowledge.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will be used mostly for low speed riding on hunting trips, sight seeing, plowing snow, towing a small trailer around etc.

Not looking for a fast machine to blast off jumps.
It will see a very wide range of temps, and altitudes though, so will only go with EFI.

Thanks all for your opinions, and sharing knowledge.

In my humble opinion... you are on the right track. The 700 H1 efi SE is just what your husband will want ??. If my wife was about to buy me that quad I be reeeeeaaly happy! Don't let some of the guys that responded disscourage you. Cats are built to take a pounding. The H1 engines are state of the art. The chassis/suspension is not the top of the league as far as handling but will get you through the most nasty stuff better then any other atv. Kind of like a monster truck. Ground clearance is more important to me when compared to high speed trail riding. The EFI is a big bonus. Remember.. Cat has experience in the EFI bizz since '91.

Top Bottom