only pulling 7500 rpm

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got back from valemount and realized that im only pulling 7500 rpm, i dont kno much about clutching what do i need to do to get up to that 8000 rpm range. im not sure what it was doing before cuz i just rode it but went up against a etec and couldnt compete figured we need to pull some more rpm thanks for any imput

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a broken primary clutch spring, would start with that.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry to hyjack but what should they be running for weights for 6-7000 feet?

I had the stock 62's in and before the spring broke I was pulling 8250 to 8300 pretty steady so I dropped in a set of 64's for the next trip with a new spring of course :) I am hoping to get it down to around 8100 or so.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ha ha, buddy had a broken primary spring as well so we're going to start with that but he was concerned that he was running 66's and only pulling 7500 rpm.

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
look at everything to day and as far as i can tell he spring is fine and i have 62 ounce wieghts. any other thoughts??

H2O

Reaction score
Put a new belt on and see what it does.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
make sure you power valves are clean and the bellows are not ripped. try a new belt. Is it out of break in mode? make sure belt deflection is good.

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i guess i sould have let you guys know i took it in to the dealer and they reset that tps sensor and new plugs and seemed to fix the problem.... one thing that got me going tho was they threatend to not cover it under warrenty claiming it could be caused by the way i ride... hopefully polaris isnt going to be retarded about covering stuff under warrenty later on... thanks for everyones input

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i guess i sould have let you guys know i took it in to the dealer and they reset that tps sensor and new plugs and seemed to fix the problem.... one thing that got me going tho was they threatend to not cover it under warrenty claiming it could be caused by the way i ride... hopefully polaris isnt going to be retarded about covering stuff under warrenty later on... thanks for everyones input

I would start looking for a new dealer, TPS setting is set at factory and in no way can it change by the way you ride. If it was in need of adjustment it should have been warranty, your dealer is either too lazy to put in a claim or CHARGED you AND put in a claim. That is total BS. Spark plugs I can see you paying for but NO WAY would I have paid them to adjust the TPS. Just that statement alone would make me RUN from that dealer. :nono:

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would start looking for a new dealer, TPS setting is set at factory and in no way can it change by the way you ride. If it was in need of adjustment it should have been warranty, your dealer is either too lazy to put in a claim or CHARGED you AND put in a claim. That is total BS. Spark plugs I can see you paying for but NO WAY would I have paid them to adjust the TPS. Just that statement alone would make me RUN from that dealer. :nono:

hey sorry to confuse you but they did end up covering it under warrenty they just mentioned that its not always covered... ya i have been thinkin of takin it somewhere else but in all they have treated me pretty good just that one comment got me going a bit !!

polguy

Reaction score
Thank goodness your dealer worked out cause for a minute there I thought I was gonna have to go to Cat to get a different dealer! :eek::alol2:

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey sorry to confuse you but they did end up covering it under warrenty they just mentioned that its not always covered... ya i have been thinkin of takin it somewhere else but in all they have treated me pretty good just that one comment got me going a bit !!

Thanks for the update

PRORIDER27

Reaction score
I would start looking for a new dealer, TPS setting is set at factory and in no way can it change by the way you ride. If it was in need of adjustment it should have been warranty, your dealer is either too lazy to put in a claim or CHARGED you AND put in a claim. That is total BS. Spark plugs I can see you paying for but NO WAY would I have paid them to adjust the TPS. Just that statement alone would make me RUN from that dealer.

This is a no brainer for warranty. Glad they covered it for you

Top Bottom