One thing always leads to another...

brad6

Reaction score
Got the motor all ripped out to replace waterpump seals in my 08 m8. I found the the mag side motor mount is torn, can I replace just the rubber bushing? Because on cat's parts fiche it shows u can only buy the complete mount. I've also been reading on the 1000's guys changing to different duos or even a solid mount. And surprise! I had a crack in the bulkhead at the steering post, what's the best way to go about this. I see xxxmodrods makes the m-rite and wild child has a fix, but which is the best/easy to install? Let me know you have any exprience with these issues. Thanks

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do not run the solid ones on the m1000 it will lead to way more cracking of the bulkhead! Make your own torques stop and fab up another mount under the throttle bodies and run the linderman mount you'll never have a issue! There should be a thread on here or snowest about building the torque stop and the other engine mount!

craptabulous

Reaction score
I run the plate from candian sled parts with the optional underneath one . Never had a crack .

The xxx one looks bigger so it might be even better

Top Bottom