One in a Friggin Million

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know they do. I've been riding with a guy a few times and he had nothing but issues with his. PITA. I don't mind the tether at all. And what are the odds of this ever happening?! Just such a fluke. HTR makes a tether extension piece too so you have more length that seems to help the tether catching the bars or anything.
If you talked to Kim a guy that lost his fingers from the track at owlshead last year, a tether cord and a extended cord is worse, can still fawk ya up and not come off

He was hands and face down into track, if he had tether on his body was still too close, and his hands were down with no way to grab cord to shut off

If he had a teth air, would have never happened, and either would have yours

sent while drinking tea's

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yeah I know they do. I've been riding with a guy a few times and he had nothing but issues with his. PITA. I don't mind the tether at all. And what are the odds of this ever happening?! Just such a fluke. HTR makes a tether extension piece too so you have more length that seems to help the tether catching the bars or anything.

Edit: or HTR used to make one. I can't find it on their website.

If you want an extension, go to your dealer or look around for old dismantled sleds and get one from a wrecked sled. Put it together with carbiners. Been doing that for years!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you talked to Kim a guy that lost his fingers from the track at owlshead last year, a tether cord and a extended cord is worse, can still fawk ya up and not come off

He was hands and face down into track, if he had tether on his body was still too close, and his hands were down with no way to grab cord to shut off

Fair enough. But think I'll take my chances with the tether. I'm hoping to upgrade to a Gen4 next season so wouldn't add anything like that to this sled anyways.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want an extension, go to your dealer or look around for old dismantled sleds and get one from a wrecked sled. Put it together with carbiners. Been doing that for years!

I don't find I need an extension on my tether. Maybe has something to do with being 5'4, lol. But that is a great idea, thanks ferniesnow!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sh!thouse luck for sure. I wrecked a '99 'doo and the tether ripped the "D" ring out of my jacket. after the crash I saw it rolling down the mountain with the headlight on and thought wtf! got to the sled to find the tether still attached to the sled and the "D" ring and a patch of jacket fabric still attached to it.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
sh!thouse luck for sure. I wrecked a '99 'doo and the tether ripped the "D" ring out of my jacket. after the crash I saw it rolling down the mountain with the headlight on and thought wtf! got to the sled to find the tether still attached to the sled and the "D" ring and a patch of jacket fabric still attached to it.

There is no perfect solution, it ducks to have that happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ducks....lol.....wabbot lmao!

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have always clipped the tether to itself and looped over my wrist like a noose. Never had a problem that way on sled or seadoo... And I come off that thing a lot more than the sled.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amazing the beating these sleds can take without taking the integrity of the chassis. Glad to hear you made it out without harm, just iron . No cussing was involved at all on this one I'm sure.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you're okay and the damage was minor for what it could have been!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amazing the beating these sleds can take without taking the integrity of the chassis. Glad to hear you made it out without harm, just iron . No cussing was involved at all on this one I'm sure.

It was fairly calm cussing. Basically went..."well f**k"...haha

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have always clipped the tether to itself and looped over my wrist like a noose. Never had a problem that way on sled or seadoo... And I come off that thing a lot more than the sled.

Yeah I never had a problem before either, lol.

Glad to hear that you're okay and the damage was minor for what it could have been!

Thanks! I should be pretty much put back together by next week. I'll see you boys out your way soon.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like there will be some beer drinking going on in the garage this weekend :)

MenzToys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.menztoys.com
Hi Krista i think your friend that you're going to see this weekend used to make the part you're talking about. On the positive side helps with the sale of lightweight xm hoods see you on the weekend lol thx wayne

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Were you the guy on the arctic cat with Kim when he had the accident??

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Krista, sorry to hear about your sled. Glad to hear you are okay. I have heard so many horror stories but not one as unique as this. PM me if you would consider getting you set up with a Phantom Teth-Air.

Chris
I was being pushy about your product, to help a brother and a fellow rider out

Wished all sleds came with them installed
Were you the guy on the arctic cat with Kim when he had the accident??

No that was AL volt, both him and Kim are friends

Also mark and Brian, the two guys that first found them fawked up, where also friends of mine, but they didn't know each other

If I recall, you helped that day with a spot, thanks for helping

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was the guy who got his sled out and drove it to the cabin then towed it down yes , I was trying to get a hold of al or Kim I still got a pair of Kim's gloves that I found in my sled the next day

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was the guy who got his sled out and drove it to the cabin then towed it down yes , I was trying to get a hold of al or Kim I still got a pair of Kim's gloves that I found in my sled the next day

Next time your here, let me know and I'll get it to him for ya next time I see either

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Krista, sorry to hear about your sled. Glad to hear you are okay. I have heard so many horror stories but not one as unique as this. PM me if you would consider getting you set up with a Phantom Teth-Air.

Chris

Thanks so much Chris. I'm hoping to sell this sled come spring or next fall but maybe for the next one! :)

Hi Krista i think your friend that you're going to see this weekend used to make the part you're talking about. On the positive side helps with the sale of lightweight xm hoods see you on the weekend lol thx wayne

Yeah I believe so too. Sounds good I'll see you Saturday! Should be there early afternoon. Let me know what kind of adult beverage to swing by with :beer:

Top Bottom