Old sled pricing, am I out to lunch?

Chuck403

Reaction score
As some have seen, we bought 2 new sleds this year, and put the old ones up for sale. Next to no interest, only had 1 inquiry so far. When I sell something, I give full disclosure on anything that I know is wrong with it, as I hate the surprises you find after you buy something just as much as everyone else. Here is the link on Kijiji where I have them listed. Am I asking too much? Just need more patience? thx in advance.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?requestSource=b&adId=1239164602

wildthangci

Reaction score
Not sure on pricing north of the border, but for around my neck of the woods your prices sound very fair. I know sleds are not selling well around here, but we're having a horrible year.

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am Guessing Location has more to due with it than Price. Be patient and open to travel to deliver.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are not out to lunch on price, but location is the negative,.. not much happening in the GC. Have you tried posting in other areas like up here in GP or Hinton/Edson or even as far as Edm?

Chuck403

Reaction score
Yup, have them listed on Grande Prairie's, and Edmonton's kijiji sites. I had put delivery possible in the ad as well. Looks like just some time and patience needed. If they don't sell I'll tinker on them over the summer, and re list in the fall once ppl get the itch again. I thought my price was more than fair, just wanted to double check.

Last edited:

YamaDad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the price is fair too. In fact I have some friends that I'll pass this on to. It is a tough economy the crappy snow isn't helping you either.

One thing I did notice is that most put the lowest price in the top of the ad, not the price for the pair. Some might dismiss yours as too expensive thinking it is $2500 each and not bother reading further.

Good luck with the sale and future sledding!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20 year old sleds don't change hands that often. Nothing more. If a person's is interested in snowmobiling and can afford to maintain a sled they spend more for a much more modern unit. The cost of ownership can far outweigh the price of entry.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with the above. Price is fair as an asking price but a crappy year for sled sales in general.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think with economy and snow conditions its hard for selling used sleds,imo i would wait till next fall when 1st snow fall happens then advertise,that is what im gonna do. just a hassel for more stuff to store and summerize but in long run i think will be better

lman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The prices are right but you also need to take in account the warm weather and the current economy as well! You may have to wait till next fall or just hang in there.

Very tough market!

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be honest your prices are to high of you want to sell. Cut them in half, it's the end of the season and you add states they need work.
Look at it from a buyers perspective should I buy a mint sled that needs nothing for 1250 or one that needs work?

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think 1250 per sled is outta line.

I don't either. As long as the clutches aren't completely worn out and the compression is decent, you can part them out and recover that kind of money. It's snow conditions in general. If you're not hard up for cash, I'd wait until early next season and they should move quite easily.

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used parts arent even selling very well right now. Keep them together clean them up more, nicer pics, and of course they were both lady driven lol

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be honest your prices are to high of you want to sell. Cut them in half, it's the end of the season and you add states they need work.
Look at it from a buyers perspective should I buy a mint sled that needs nothing for 1250 or one that needs work?
I would hope we have a least 2 1/2 months of mountain sledding yet..

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hang on to the old sleds, maybe tinker with them over summer and fix the hard starting issues as its probably something fairly simple and sell next fall after first snowfall. Should be possible to get near $2000 apiece for those reliable old red head triples on a better year.

GrumpyGuy

Reaction score
I shared the link with my bro in GP.... I'm trying to nag him to get in to sledding, cheaply.

lman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hang on to the old sleds, maybe tinker with them over summer and fix the hard starting issues as its probably something fairly simple and sell next fall after first snowfall. Should be possible to get near $2000 apiece for those reliable old red head triples on a better year.
Hard starting would probably be gummed up pilot jets. Use to own 2 yamaha triples in the past and they are very finicky that way.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are 07 and 08 m8/ m1000 listed for $2500, if you can get 2000 for an old school yammi you are a great sales guy.

Top Bottom