Dumbasses Selling Dumbbells

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This should be in a RANT thread. People are getting out of control with these weights. I'm having a bitch of a time trying to score some dumbbells on Marketplace or Kijiji because everyone thinks the Zombies are coming for our brains and they have to have workout equipment? So one moron puts these weights up for sale at a stupid price...sells them, then everyone else follows. These sets are around $800 brand friggen NEW! the 500 series are only $430 new. I haven't been able to find these for under a grand USED! These people want $3500!!!! Of course they are sold out everywhere. Such a piss of because you know the people buying them only need them for the 10lb and 15lb max use...same people that HAD to buy 10 cases of chit tickets. SMH.

I just want some friggen dumbells for fawk sakes...Anyones else dealing with this chit show tryng to get weights...i'm about ready to just break into my gym at night..

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1496250023

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-exercise-equipment/calgary/bowflex-selecttech-1090-dumbbells/1496173829

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1496034242

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could put up a dumb ass looking to buy dumbbells because I need them more than everyone else add on kijiji or market place.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol over two grand, I think there are knock off bowflex version now for like $100? No?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no way anyone is actually paying close to $3500 for those, no one can be that stupid and have that much money to blow.

On the other hand, I have 2 50lb dumbbells that have been collecting dust in my garage for years i'll give someone a great deal, $1000. Who wants em?

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no way anyone is actually paying close to $3500 for those, no one can be that stupid and have that much money to blow.

On the other hand, I have 2 50lb dumbbells that have been collecting dust in my garage for years i'll give someone a great deal, $1000. Who wants em?
take a 0 off the end and I’ll take em haha

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Call your out of work buddy welder and I bet he makes a guy a set for less than 3500, lol.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a good bench presss, bar and a bunch of weight id sell for 5g.

Would someone pay that you figure? What kind of prices are people paying?

Maybe I should sell if its in big demand.

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just gotta say that I paid $600 the other night for a Nintendo switch for the old lady that should have only cost me $450. They were sold out in stores and some nice Asian man had like 10 for sale on Kijiji. Turns out the $150 loss on my end has saved my marriage and allowed me to work in my shop on sleds and bikes with many beers without argument. Money well spent in this guys eyes.

sorry ballz.... sometimes a guy just has to roll with the punches. Do you want some slabs of 1” plate to curl at home???

I have many large boulders that need to be moved as well

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just gotta say that I paid $600 the other night for a Nintendo switch for the old lady that should have only cost me $450. They were sold out in stores and some nice Asian man had like 10 for sale on Kijiji. Turns out the $150 loss on my end has saved my marriage and allowed me to work in my shop on sleds and bikes with many beers without argument. Money well spent in this guys eyes.

sorry ballz.... sometimes a guy just has to roll with the punches. Do you want some slabs of 1” plate to curl at home???
Thanks man, I have 2” bar and plates

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well weights don't wear out, and they are tuff to get right now. So looks like a fair price to me. 100lbs dumbells arent cheap.

Top Bottom