Oilers trade Mike Brown

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
... To San Jose for a 4th round pick.

Is something brewing? They are now down to 48 contracts....

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wheels are just turning in my head. Possible 1 for 2 trade? Possible 2 for 3 trade?
did they just do it to clear cap space since they've had to recall half the farm?
did they get rid of him because he can't really hockey?
... because Eakins obviously wants 4 lines that are a threat on the ice??
... ahhhhh

WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'll be surprised if they can put anything together this year as far as results go. They will inevitably be a better team as the kids grow into their game but I don't think it guarantees success. Edmonton is not the only team in the NHL with young talent, and some of those other teams have a good mix of veterns to compliment it.

They are going to milk the "patients" angle and they will have missed their best window for success. I hope I'm wrong but we'll see.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They've milked the patience angle as long as they could. Fans are starting to get rowdy. They've already been booed at home, I've only been to 3 home games. :/

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we put dubnick, labarbra, on wavers and play 6 players on the ice. Or give this new goalie a chance he's already done more quality saves then both other goalies combined. And I can't believe we traded mike brown! We have no toughness! Look at our injury list. All were gonna win this year is another first round draft pick.

Top Bottom