Oil tank sleeve insert

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does Xm still need one of these aluminum inserts so the threads won't warp and leak. Had to put them on both Xp's.

If so - who is making them? I thought Advantech did but they don't seem to be on the website.

Greg

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Does Xm still need one of these aluminum inserts so the threads won't warp and leak. Had to put them on both Xp's.

If so - who is making them? I thought Advantech did but they don't seem to be on the website.

Greg

I got my last one from riverside skidoo..... I think I saw them at Martin too..... first thing I doo to a new doo....

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my last one from riverside skidoo..... I think I saw them at Martin too..... first thing I doo to a new doo....

Poo oil caps started doing the same thing back in 2011!!! and with the belt directly below the oil tank:rolleyes:!!! a gimmick to sell more sh!t me thinks...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
havent had a problem so far. just dont over tighten it, it will tighten by itself from vibration. just snug. but couldnt hurt to install it. martin did have a few left.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a pair shipped to me from DAN03REV on Snowest. Total including shipping was about 35$ i think? He supplies quite a few places apparently, and as mentioned they are cheap insurance. Plus it makes my oil tank custom lol!

yammyman

Reaction score
Don't these new oil tanks have threads right around the spout instead of having 2 sides shaved flat? This would probably have solved the warping issues... I got one for free from Carbon Sled Parts when I ordered my can. Definitely looks cool! Lol!

Top Bottom