Oil milky under cap

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I check my oil on my 1100 t and the under side of the cap is milky but I look down in side with a flash light and the oil looks fine and the oil in the site glass is good to .... could this just be humidity building up under the cap doing this ????? Please say yes !!!!! Lol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I check my oil on my 1100 t and the under side of the cap is milky but I look down in side with a flash light and the oil looks fine and the oil in the site glass is good to .... could this just be humidity building up under the cap doing this ????? Please say yes !!!!! Lol

U need to ride it harder to burn off the water

sent while I should be drinking tea's

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya ya lol

Last weekend was awsome

Look at the sicamous video thread

Says it all

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Milky oil in a sled????
Eigther you ride it like a putts or you just start it and run it for very little, she never gets up to temp.
I would replace the thermostat, sounds to me she's running on the cool side.
I also wouldn't hesitate on replacing the motor oil, if there is moisture on the cap, there will be some in the oil.
The way these beast run, especially with a turbo there should be no moisture buildup in there.

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Milky oil in a sled????
Eigther you ride it like a putts or you just start it and run it for very little, she never gets up to temp.
I would replace the thermostat, sounds to me she's running on the cool side.
I also wouldn't hesitate on replacing the motor oil, if there is moisture on the cap, there will be some in the oil.
The way these beast run, especially with a turbo there should be no moisture buildup in there.

It's been a lot of start and stops as I'm trying to tune the box and a few run ups on the lift so prolly built moisture from doing this and I have been known to ride like a putts from time to time lol

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's been a lot of start and stops as I'm trying to tune the box and a few run ups on the lift so prolly built moisture from doing this and I have been known to ride like a putts from time to time lol

I'm still at odds your getting moisture in the cap, these motors are not automotive cast iron engines or big V8s. They get hot or operating temperature very quickly, i suspect your's isn't or your breather is obstructed somewhat.
Unless there is ALOT of humidity in the air(unlikely) you should not have moisture in the cap.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been seeing lots of this on new vehicles cause the pcv system isn't like it used to be as per the epa

Not much for pcv bypass, so lots of moisture builds up

Top Bottom