oil in airbox

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone else had this issue its on an 11 outty xt never been upside down or completely on her side went to clean filter and found probably 1-2 oz of oil in the air box and filter soaked in oil. any ideas??

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you been wheelie'ing it lots? Or steep hill climbs? I had this problem with my 500 renegade, I am
Pretty sure that it's oil from the bottom
End of the motor, tranny. Theirs a breather line for the bottom end and it goes into the air box, when you wheelie or go on a steep incline then the oil is forced to the back section and therefor it pukes the oil up the line and into the airbox. At least this is what I think is what is happening.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it's been leaned waaay over to the left it gets in there too.

Look up the parts fiche for the breather hose from the XMR. It goes into the lid instead of down low in the front of the box...I converted my 07 this way. (you will have to plug the hole on the front of course)

• Thanks
Reactions: LBZ

Ramjet15x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took the stock line out and replaced with longer to put it into the front of the top lid to avoid water ingestion andgive a few more inches of elevation

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
already had xmr snorkle kit so breather hose was high already maybe some extreme anges sometime though

Top Bottom