Oil for 08 M1000

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I was wondering what type of oil can i use other then the Artic Cat APV? I am not sure what the difference is between all of them. Just looking for a back up in case I can't get to an Artic Cat dealership.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know? I only have 1 jug left and wouldn't mind finding something a little cheaper then $49.95 for a 4 litre jug. There must be a oil that is great quality but at a better value.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that Ron sells it for $144 for a case. So that is a little cheaper. I am just not sure what else I can use as the stuff that I am using says APV on the jug. That is what the dealer told me to use. I am looking for a back up and don't want to use something that isn't right for my machine.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can I use that in my sled Ron? I am not sure on injector oil on what I can or can't use in my sled.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For a good synthetic oil, you're looking at a minimum of about $40.00 for 4L.

I don't mind the $40 but I don't really want to be paying over $50. I am just looking for some options and info as I am new to the 2 stroke sleds.

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shell Ultra Synthetic from Canadian Tire $38.99 for a 4L jug. Warranty approved by all the snowmobile manufactures'.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I was wondering what type of oil can i use other then the Artic Cat APV? I am not sure what the difference is between all of them. Just looking for a back up in case I can't get to an Artic Cat dealership.

Snowseeker... ONLY Shell advance Snow Ultra Hi Perf. Synthetic. I have only used this lube since my sled was new, as well as my previous sleds. It is the best in my opinion and a multiple of other Cat owners opinions that I ride with as well. I have over 4000 miles on my F6 and have inspected the apv valves in the last month or so expecting some sludge build up and there was none. They were nice and clean and opperated with no restriction at all. Like new. I believe that Cats APV Synthetic IS shell oil?? I have witnessed over the last few years others using different brands and experiencing not so good results, gummed up valves... also Cat APV efi sleds.

I bought 4 four liter jugs this fall at $27.00 / jug at Shells bulk outlet in the west end of Edmonton. They have a special every late fall (November I beleive).

I would'nt burn any other injector oil in my sleds, ever. My:twocents:

flatlandguy

Reaction score
We use TORCO synthetic in our sleds, my son ran it in his M7 for three years and now in his M1000, I used it in my ZR600 for several seasons and now in my Summit 800 , No Problems yet , we buy it for about $32 / 4litres

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I started running Amsoil Dominator after i put new pistons in it this fall. So far so good.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone herd of Blue Marble or Marble Oil That mountain magic sells? Just wondering what the deal is on it if it is any good or not?

g man

Reaction score
if u know someone that can get u a deal on ams oil it's just as good or better and works with apv vavles! my buddy ran it from new in his 09 m 1000 and his 07 m 7 and his dealer said he would give him waranty too ! with the right dealer its $35 a 4 litter but $55 in the store so u need to go bulk with some buddys

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can I use that in my sled Ron? I am not sure on injector oil on what I can or can't use in my sled.

I've been using Amsoil Dominator in my 07 M1000 since the first tank of cat oil ran out. Haven't had a lick of problems.

loffelbein88

Reaction score
Cat dealer in bonnyville recommends yamalube 2S.semisenthetic.got 1600 miles on my m8 and not a prob.power valves are clean.and 24$ a jug.yamaha has had power valves longer then CAT and thats what they run

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amsoil Interceptor. My dealer said as good if not better then Cat oil. I am a dealer and it is around $38.

Top Bottom