oil compatabiliy ?????

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what is compatible with the polaris oils

0 w 40 synth engine oil = polaris engine oil

75 w 90 synth in rear axle = polaris ADF

transmission is AGL fluid purple in color what is it who has it other than polaris

front diff is LT fluid what is it same who has compatible oil

thanks for any help

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure about the agl but do not use anything in the front dif other then the polaris lt fluid. the dif is very picky and will only work properly with this oil and with exactly 5oz. but you can use diesel fuel to flush out the dif if it is dirty.

Clinebo

Reaction score
I'm thinking about using something else ....Polaris wants $28 for a filter and 2 qts of oil. Napa has filters and I'm thinking either Amsoil or Castrol Syntec for the oil. Has anyone made the switch from Polaris? If so how does it work? Any problems???? I have an '02 Sportsmans 500 HO.

PG2676

Reaction score
I just paid $36cdn for the Oil Change Kit (2L of oil and filter). Buying the Amsoil separately and the filter would have been almost the same.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i change my oil twice as often as recomended by polaris and buy nothing but polaris. i did how ever use mobile one and fram motorsports filters on my old 500 and had no issues. But i did have issues with not using polaris oil the the front diff\hubs, they just dont work right after. i work at a car dealer as a mechanic and have seen first hand what oil quality plays on your motor. its the diff of opening up and engine and it being clean or full of sludge.

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use esso xd3 synthetic, 75-90 petro can in the rear diff, the rest of the gear boxes get polaris oil.

Clinebo

Reaction score
My neighbor is a preferred customer with Amsoil so I split a case of 0-40 with him. I still have 1 Polaris oil change kit left. After that I'm going to give the Amsoil a try in the motor. The other fluids I'll keep Polaris.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about using something else ....Polaris wants $28 for a filter and 2 qts of oil. Napa has filters and I'm thinking either Amsoil or Castrol Syntec for the oil. Has anyone made the switch from Polaris? If so how does it work? Any problems???? I have an '02 Sportsmans 500 HO.

I wouldn't use a cheap filter unless you sunk it then I would use a cheap-o in the "cleaning" process but as far as oil I talked to the dealer the other day about it and he said as long as it's off warranty what the hell. he suggested 0W-40 synthitic Amsoil he said its a very good oil. They tried to change there snowmobile oil over to it a couple years back because polaris oil was high but he said amsoil was only a dollar or two cheaper so they stuck with the polaris brand. He didnt know if the same held true for their 4 stroke oil or not but said its a good product and would suggest it to anybody with an expired warranty!

denseleit

Reaction score
The factory polaris engine oil is 2W50, I love it. I've been using mobil 1 synthetic atf in front diff for just about a year with absolutely no problems on engagement or release or anything, I think its more lubrice(spelling) than the demand drive fluid too. The oil change kit the dealer offers is expensive because of the filter, I think the oil is fairly priced IMO. Can someone post the part number of the non polaris filters they use please...

Clinebo

Reaction score
I don't know what model you own,but the Polaris oil in my oil change kit is 0W40.
I've never heard of a 2W50. A 20W50 yes but not 2.
I use the Napa Gold filter and I believe its a 1358. Thats for a '02 Sportsmans 500 HO. You can call your local Napa dealer or go online and look up the one for your model. I saw an article about oil filters and the Napa/Wix filters were rated right up at the top. I used to use Fram until I saw how badly they did in tests.Napa has a big half price filter sale every year and I stock up on them at that time.

denseleit

Reaction score
I don't know what model you own,but the Polaris oil in my oil change kit is 0W40.
I use the Napa Gold filter and I believe its a 1358. Thats for a '02 Sportsmans 500 HO. You can call your local Napa dealer or go online and look up the one for your model. I saw an article about oil filters and the Napa/Wix filters were rated right up at the top. I used to use Fram until I saw how badly they did in tests.Napa has a big half price filter sale every year and I stock up on them at that time.

I thought it was a misprint when I read my owners manual too, but talking to my dealer service manager, its no misprint, the pure polaris oil I use in the oil change kit is 2W50...so he says and why would he lie...

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

NO the manual calls for 2W50 but the service guy at the dealer told me 0W40 would work fine after warranty is gone. Amsoil is good oil...maybe high priced but you get what you pay for! I mean would you dump some oil in that has a sticker of your local convenice store on it even if it was cheap?

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To update this for the front diff, I use either TransSyn(Allison ATF) I get it for free. Or JohnDeere Hygard TransDiff -J20D, of which I also get for free.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that J20D is hard to get......dealer only.....I use it in my JD tractor and have to travel 3 hours to nearest JD dealer......why cant Napa or Lordco carry the same oil?
To update this for the front diff, I use either TransSyn(Allison ATF) I get it for free. Or JohnDeere Hygard TransDiff -J20D, of which I also get for free.

Top Bottom