I hear that some companies quit paying leases to the land owners
MFC resource partnership being one of them formerly Compton petroleum
MFC Resource Partnership 1035 7th Avenue SW
Suite 400,
Calgary, AB
T2P 3E9
Tel: (403) 237-9400
Fax: (403) 237-9410
anyone not getting their checks by the due date needs to get in touch with the Alberta surface rights board and have them go after the oil company for payment. if they don,t pay the board can take away the right of entry. if they cant get to the wells they cant operate them.
also if they don't pay the taxpayers are on the hook for payment (that being the government)
also if the company files for bankruptcy protection you may not get paid at all
was on 16x9 last night

Recovery of Rentals

please pass this on to all your farmer buddies

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Many of the small companies that bought at 80+ can't afford the payments and eventually will get bought out. It's clear that hard times don't just affect the working man.

ABOMB177

Reaction score
so if said oil (gas) company hasn't paid rent in two years I would think there would be some nice hydraulic pumps and solar panels and cattle fence for retribution........ Sounds like a plan?

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be theft and you would be in the wrong there. Let justice take its course first.

ABOMB177

Reaction score
That would be theft and you would be in the wrong there. Let justice take its course first.
Ok what if said company was actually bankrupt and that's why rent hasn't been paid in two years so then you are just borrowing it until they come for it?

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok what if said company was actually bankrupt and that's why rent hasn't been paid in two years so then you are just borrowing it until they come for it?

Then... ya gotta do what ya gotta do.... technically the bank then owns the property and funds will be dispersed after a liquidation/sale of assets to people who are owed.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Then... ya gotta do what ya gotta do.... technically the bank then owns the property and funds will be dispersed after a liquidation/sale of assets to people who are owed.

But as explained on 16x9. The landowner is not one of those people.

Also, you have to apply to the government for payment, this is not a guarantee to get any monies.
A board will be convened and decisions made on a case by case basis.

Good luck with that one! People on the show have received no payments.

One landowner just wanted the abandonment commenced and removed from property. That is a whole different bureaucratic challenge.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He can make a application to eub and start the process of abandonment. If the well is defunct then I do think but not sure, it belongs to the government. There are actually hundreds of wells out there like that. Maybe more being the way things are now.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The last two junior company's that have came on our land, Stealth and Solara, have both gone tits up and left unpaid surface leases and in Solara's case still an open road and pad site. The Orphan well association is coming in to clean up the Stealth site and the Solara location has been sold to Gear who after a year of ownership still refuse to replace the soils, crying the blues that it just isn't in the budget.
i spent close to 20 years earning a living from the patch and hate to say it but the next company that comes along won't find me very acomadating!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry to say we may see more well abandonments coming!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gas well and plant on my north quarter has changed hands 3 times in the last 5 years. every time it does they send another suit to my door to come and grease the wheels, but they always pay.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Or it is on your land and they haven't paid you....they broke the contract...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bdietz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has had any luck getting paid from the government through the surface rights board
or has anyone contacted the surface rights board regarding no payment

Top Bottom