Offroad areas near Carvel, AB

Gsxrgrizz

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can go with my SxS around the Carvel area? I have a lake cabin near there and would like to be able to go out and do more than driving up and down the main private road with the kid. The only other place I am aware of is a large sandy area North of Redwater but there has to be something closer....right?!?!?!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can go with my SxS around the Carvel area? I have a lake cabin near there and would like to be able to go out and do more than driving up and down the main private road with the kid. The only other place I am aware of is a large sandy area North of Redwater but there has to be something closer....right?!?!?!

Stanger Hills is the closest "riding area" to Carvel that I can think of. It is located up Sec Hwy 757 towards Sangudo

Lac Ste Anne ATV Club - Home

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lake Isle / Stanger Hills is probably the closest trail system to you. Even then, I think you'd have to trailer out there since I'm not sure you'd be able to ride the 30+ km to get to Lake Isle. ...check the county OHV bylaws in your area.

The trails out by Redwater and Bruderheim get old fast but if you willing to trailer out there's lots of other good options:
Brazeau Dam,
Long Island Lake (north of westlock),
Whitecourt,
Vega (Timeu Creek Rec Area),
Iron Horse Trail

If you're headed out with the little guy, I'd recommend Vega and the iron Horse over the rest since it's easy riding. Either way, I would not recommend riding alone.

Top Bottom