Official REVY Riding conditions 2012/13

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
50 or so lined up at the Turtle access on Friday. 9 of us plus Johnny Ski suit crossed the Gulch. He tore up all the ski runs before the Gulch while CMH flew overhead. Hes such a Douche :( Now Im sure the SRS will get a call about "sledders" avoiding the signage to single track. If our access is restricted you can all blame that POS. He wont likely obey any of them and continue until we are all shut out.
No wonder he rides alone...rhymes with Booser.

But our day was awesome after he vanished. Sunshine at mountain top and all the fuel was gone again.

Safe sledding :)
RS

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
50 or so lined up at the Turtle access on Friday. 9 of us plus Johnny Ski suit crossed the Gulch. He tore up all the ski runs before the Gulch while CMH flew overhead. Hes such a Douche :( Now Im sure the SRS will get a call about "sledders" avoiding the signage to single track. If our access is restricted you can all blame that POS. He wont likely obey any of them and continue until we are all shut out.

But our day was awesome after he vanished. Sunshine at mountain top and all the fuel was gone again.

RS

So Randy,
Why did you just not report this POS directly to CMH and the SRS? (Maybe you did)
Centre this guy out and let him deal with the fall-out rather than the whole sledding community.
I personally would not deem you or crew as tattle tails but rather a professional, responsible group, who is deeply concerned about the proper ethics we try to instill in all our sledding members in Revelstoke.
Not intending to stir a hornets nest, but if we see and allow these activities to take place, then we all cannot cry to deeply when the areas are shut down one by one!

scully

Reaction score
A group of of us are heading to Revelstoke for the first time. We have tried to hire a guide, but that has not panned out very well. Is there any S&Mers that can give us a name of a local or any group that would let us join up? There is 4 of us riding with 2 of us 10 years of mtn experience. We will be riding Jan 25 and 26. Just looking for help on the 25. Thanks.

Hughman

Reaction score
Heading out to Revelstoke on the 19th hope the snow is as beautiful as ever anyone have blue skies over the weekend? Wondering how the roads are as well? Happy Sledding Everyone!

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A group of of us are heading to Revelstoke for the first time. We have tried to hire a guide, but that has not panned out very well. Is there any S&Mers that can give us a name of a local or any group that would let us join up? There is 4 of us riding with 2 of us 10 years of mtn experience. We will be riding Jan 25 and 26. Just looking for help on the 25. Thanks.

Have you tried Mark Shaede?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI
Rolled thru Revelstoke Thursday night (or Friday morning, however you want to look at it) around 2:30am BC time. Cops sitting at the boulder turn off all lights off, pulled us over to check for proof of ownership on the sleds. I told him good job and thank you. So the cops are trying to catch the thieves that are around.

PS. Be patient with them...this guy was an absolute D!ck until I handed over insurance, registration and copy of my bill of sale. Then he was awesome, joked around about a guy in the force that got a sled and how bad he was, haha, super nice guy.

Last edited:

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Mark Shaede at 1-250-837-5200

best guide by far in Revy

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

RS

Johnny rides a 2013 doo 163 where he has dilled holes in his side panels along the X, he has a nice red ski suit---and he has ported his sled deck ramp----- make sure if you see him the parking lot you go say hi and tell him whats on your mind....

T

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI
Rolled thru Revelstoke Thursday night (or Friday morning, however you want to look at it) around 2:30am BC time. Cops sitting at the boulder turn off all lights off, pulled us over to check for proof of ownership on the sleds. I told him good job and thank you. So the cops are trying to catch the thieves that are around.

PS. Be patient with them...this guy was an absolute D!ck until I handed over insurance, registration and copy of my bill of sale. Then he was awesome, joked around about a guy in the force that got a sled and how bad he was, haha, super nice guy.

Seriously thats whats come of this having to have your bill of sale every time you go ride, what a joke, they cant really do their job can they, thats the lazy mans way of busting thieves, how about actually bust them stealing stuff, no wait its easier to sit parked on the road pulling trucks with sleds over that happen to arrive late, like f*ck if i wanna get out and find serial numbers in the dark on possibly a filthy sled after driving through the pass at night when i just wanna go to sleep and ride in the morn and spend money in their crack infested town, targeting the wrong people as usual bang up police work there, he should get a gold medal

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seriously thats whats come of this having to have your bill of sale every time you go ride, what a joke, they cant really do their job can they, thats the lazy mans way of busting thieves, how about actually bust them stealing stuff, no wait its easier to sit parked on the road pulling trucks with sleds over that happen to arrive late, like f*ck if i wanna get out and find serial numbers in the dark on possibly a filthy sled after driving through the pass at night when i just wanna go to sleep and ride in the morn and spend money in their crack infested town, targeting the wrong people as usual bang up police work there, he should get a gold medal

I'm happy they are out there but really....maybe drive through some parking lots every hour or so. They are probably more interested in finding an impaired driver than a sled thief. With all the sleds that have been stolen over the years have the RC 's ever caught one theft in the act? Anybody know?

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Woah buddy calm down....he didn't ask for bill of sale, I just happen to keep a copy on me. I also keep a green card for crossing the border with my sled, so I just handed him my little holder for all that crap.

And to be honest, the MINOR inconvenience and 5min's of my time is worth it if they see people running thru late at night. That's prime stealing time so to me it makes sense why he stopped us.

So what's up ur @ss that you think the cops are doing such a bad job? It's a start isn't it? Obviously catching thieves is ideal but come on man, being stopped and asked for proof of ownership is not a big deal, and at least it's something.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm happy they are out there but really....maybe drive through some parking lots every hour or so. They are probably more interested in finding an impaired driver than a sled thief. With all the sleds that have been stolen over the years have the RC 's ever caught one theft in the act? Anybody know?

Who's to say they aren't doing that? Only way to know if they are or not is to stake out a parking lot yourself and find out if cops are driving around occasionally. I dunno why there's all the hate for the cops. I mean, I'm not the biggest fan either and yes I think most of them need to do a better job, I posted that on here because I was HAPPY to be stopped and asked for that stuff.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who's to say they aren't doing that? Only way to know if they are or not is to stake out a parking lot yourself and find out if cops are driving around occasionally. I dunno why there's all the hate for the cops. I mean, I'm not the biggest fan either and yes I think most of them need to do a better job, I posted that on here because I was HAPPY to be stopped and asked for that stuff.

Whoa girl! Lol. I'm with you. Just would like to see them do some drive throughs once in awhile. I have been staying at the Columbia/ Days Inn for longer than you have probably been on this planet and have yet to see a cop drive through day or night. I think they could do better. Its well known that Golden sees far less theft of sleds than Revy but those guys are on the bit. They pull over everyone that sleds if they get the chance. Just a difference in detachments I guess.:beer:

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wow.... Some people are just never happy with anything! I have to agree with Rowdy here, it's a step in the right direction. If you're rolling around with sleds in the middle of the night you're either up to no good or arriving to town late. Shouldn't be a big to prove what you have loaded is yours and you're free to carry on!

Everyone complains about the level the amount of police presence in and around revy but who is going to pay for this increased enforcement? How many people would bitch if they raised trail fees to $25 per sled to hire a security guard or paid the RC's during the day at the parking lot? How many would be interested in sledder rates at the hotel going up to pay for more security? I realize sledders bring a lot of money to the town but the money for extra enforcement has got to come from somewhere and I don't think that any of the business owners in Revy are straight out lining their pockets with cash when you take into account the entire year as I assume the shoulder seasons and summer months are quite a bit slower.

A comment RevyG made in an earlier thread is still relevant in this one- Perhaps you could hold off on the fancy aftermarket rims and 33" tires for your truck and spend a little to secure your investment with better locks, chains, alarms, etc. I'm paraphrasing but I'm sure you get the idea. At the end of the day it's your $h!t... if YOU don't lock it up chances are you're going to loose it.

Last edited:

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So...um...how was the riding this past weekend?

i only got to ride saturday at boulder it was tracked up all the way back ...i heard sicamous and south towards kelowna had lots of snow ...but it was blue bird day and we dont get to many of those so cant complain

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i only got to ride saturday at boulder it was tracked up all the way back ...i heard sicamous and south towards kelowna had lots of snow ...but it was blue bird day and we dont get to many of those so cant complain

It was nice in the tree's - main areas I guess were tracked up - didnt see the main areas - the cold took the 4 feet of fresh on wed to 2 feet of fresh on saturday :mad:

Given that it was cold sunday as well as it is supposed to warm up this week - ---- pray for snow ---

T

Revy jan 12, 2013 - YouTube

Top Bottom