Official REVY Riding conditions 2012/13

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Pretty good day......a little Turtle access, then to Boulder and into the SugarBowl. Stacey carving it up when the light was pretty cool......

Coverage is decent, Groomer went for a mission, parking is a challenge, but the riding is great :)
See you soon :)

Attachments

• Stacey carve.jpg
    Stacey carve.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 1,171

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks Randy for posting some info for us stuck working.
Also talked to my local - snow is good - but of course still lots of grenades.. one person riding with him - smacked a rock - new 2013 Doo - new a-arm and ski now on order.

T

ssomersall

Reaction score
hey jhurkot from lethbridge do you guys go out quite a bit wouldnt mind taggin along with one trip let me know all my buddies are from manitoba and hard to get organized with short notice

dooski

Reaction score
thanks Randy for posting some info for us stuck working.
Also talked to my local - snow is good - but of course still lots of grenades.. one person riding with him - smacked a rock - new 2013 Doo - new a-arm and ski now on order.

T
Make sure they build my sled before the sell you parts because i still dont have mine yet lol

Snowmandoo

Reaction score
I know it's off topic but I'm coming down in December and I herd you need to have insurance on your sleds or it's a big fine I was just curious if this is true or not? Can't believe everything you hear right

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
HUGE FINE.
THEY CHECk EVERY WHERE FOR THAT?
This is almost a dumb question. What if? Protect yourself and others. You never know what will happen, insurance is a must to protect yourself and others.
Common sense prevails here.

I know it's off topic but I'm coming down in December and I herd you need to have insurance on your sleds or it's a big fine I was just curious if this is true or not? Can't believe everything you hear right

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Third party liability and fire/theft should be on your sled. You come around a corner and accidentally hit someone and hurt them/kill them, and if you are at fault, you could be paying for it for the rest of your life... $130/yr is cheap insurance IMO...

No not everywhere. It's an option around this area! Thanks for the anwser!

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Friday was another Killer day on boulder. Another 2' overnight in the Alpine. Our group of 5 blasted by the group of Fog Chasers sitting it out and headed right for Super Bowl with a small detour into "the river"........then onto the SugarBowl. Played around iin killer untracked freshy for a while and then our other group of 5 late starter caught up. We then blasted over the ridge towards "the lakes". Amazing north aspect pow which we killed. Headed back towards the Sugarbowl and Super, then to Cabin for Hotwings...excellent day with awesome dudes. The Boost It Pros were ripping and the MCX Nytros still rock hard. 8- 4strokes and 2 Pros........couldn't find the others ;).......j/k kids.....don't be hater:)

Looks like another great day on the mountain:)
Sled safe
RS

Oh yeah........Tonite we will do some great work for these 3 worthwhile cases. Canadian Avalanche Centre, Revelstoke Snowmobile Club and the Revelstoke Food Bank......see you there :)

Attachments

• TS11 Poster Revy.jpg
    TS11 Poster Revy.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 1,155

gregols

Reaction score
Thanks for the update... Where is everyone parking now to access frisby/boulder?. Is there enough snow to leave from the parking lot?. We are towing a 4 place trailer.

jumpingjack

Reaction score
Have to leave a new 2013 xm on Frisbie over night Friday because a fuel line broke off the fuel pump. We took the recovery sled in today to tow it out. photo-1.jpg

wclark

Reaction score
You didn't waste time posting that! Lol . Thanks Jack and the boys for the help and the tow. See you guys in a couple of weeks. Keep you posted on the issue of the fuel line.

timmoore

Reaction score
Rode boulder today had to drive to 3km in the morning a few rocks for a few k's that wasn't bad but come down wished we had parked further up snow had melted and got to enjoy let say experience gravel riding none to worse for wear though! snow up when you get back is untouched deep and well worth the rocky ride down! a word of warning watch out for the creeks not filled in yet going back next weekend can"t wait oh yes lots of room for 4 place trailer.

ReToddid

Reaction score
Great riding in the reindeer area today. Still whiteout up top but once we dropped down we had the area to ourselves on Frisby until late in the afternoon. Good snow, checked and was definitely 8' deep but the creeks are dangerous and was doing some intermittent logging!

Rt

Last edited:
Top Bottom