Official REVY Riding conditions 2012/13

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems like lots of talking about who has the best snow conditions and no actual postings about snow conditions? I just want to know do I drive 14 hrs to go sledding or wait for more snow?

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems like lots of talking about who has the best snow conditions and no actual postings about snow conditions? I just want to know do I drive 14 hrs to go sledding or wait for more snow?

Agreed i would like some more updates on actuall snow conditions. PS this is my 100th post!:ThumbsupMsn: Small potatos compared to some but what ever hurray for me!

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy christ let rough country have the thread and delete the others. theres way too much whining and bitchin goin on.

i agree! this is the only topic i come to... and the quartz creek one too maybe ;)

St0rm77

Reaction score
just need more...... now that the sled is ready to go; gotta ride!! (longer than 15 feet forward, and 15 feet back)
IMG-20121102-00339.jpg

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca
Dusty told me he went riding yesterday North of Revelstoke and said it rained right to 7000 ft. This really isn't a bad thing as it will help settle out that 3 1/2 feet of snow that was there and give us a better base. I posted photos over the last two weekends and will be posting some more Sunday evening when I get back from riding. My plans are to take my chainsaw and do some trail clearing near the ridge on Frisby to get rid of some of the small broken off trees.
Stay tuned tomorrow

Thanks
Greg

PapaVeedy

Reaction score
Website
www.dustyveideman.com
Dusty told me he went riding yesterday North of Revelstoke and said it rained right to 7000 ft. This really isn't a bad thing as it will help settle out that 3 1/2 feet of snow that was there and give us a better base. I posted photos over the last two weekends and will be posting some more Sunday evening when I get back from riding. My plans are to take my chainsaw and do some trail clearing near the ridge on Frisby to get rid of some of the small broken off trees.
Stay tuned tomorrow

Thanks
Greg

Here's what we were doing Greg! It was pretty gnarly and did not make into the alpine. I wouldn't try it again for a couple more weeks. Needs about 3 more feet of snow.

_D2F1438s.jpg

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Official revy riding conditions "3" 2012/13

I just hate when it rains and then gets cold. Bad layer, because it stays preserved to the springtime.

clifford the big red dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the facts an the pics boys, I can only wish that I was able to go for a ride on a sunday in early November Instead of playing with a bunch of Kenworth's on some greasy back road trying to earn the a livin! Remember a bad day sledding is still better than a good day at work:cool:

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca
It was a little rainy but I did get out for a half day and it was worth going for a short ride. I took my chainsaw to the top of Frisby for some trail work as last sunday there was broken off trees sticking up a foot all over the place. When I got up there 18" of heavy wet snow had covered them over and there was nothing to cut and the base we have now is great. Cabin temp was +2 and -1 at top but foggy so getting to the top was a little tricky but it was snowing. These condition are just what we needed so anyone coming out next weekend should be in for some good early season riding.

Attachments

• 174.jpg
    174.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 690

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was a little rainy but I did get out for a half day and it was worth going for a short ride. I took my chainsaw to the top of Frisby for some trail work as last sunday there was broken off trees sticking up a foot all over the place. When I got up there 18" of heavy wet snow had covered them over and there was nothing to cut and the base we have now is great. Cabin temp was +2 and -1 at top but foggy so getting to the top was a little tricky but it was snowing. These condition are just what we needed so anyone coming out next weekend should be in for some good early season riding.

hows the road? where are you parking?

Top Bottom