sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Re: Official REVY Riding conditions 2011/12

Photos from Friday Nov 11:
PB110090.jpg Parking Lot
PB110095.jpg Trying to punch up the trail in 8ft deep drifts.
PB110097.jpg Ground still to be covered...
PB120117.jpg Stepped off the sled to help me get unstuck and nearly disappeared entirely!

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

yeah I nearly dissapeared there!

Chewks

Reaction score

Sure enjoyed riding with the Alberta crew this weekend as I was able to get out for 2 days. I planned to take more photos but again it was tough to keep our group together as we were stuck all over the mountian. No one got caught in the avy shot but it came down right after we passed by just from the vibration of the machines and when I turned around to ride through the run out my sled sank out of site. It was a 3 foot slab in the trees and after 5 days of steady snowing you have to be very carefull about the area that you ride in. Good to here that grooming is going to start soon as the trail is getting a little rough.

Thank
Greg

I noticed a few of you had the new proclimb m800s out there. How did they fair in the deep powder. Whats your first thoughts? Thanks.

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Going up this weekend, gotta break in the new motor :D Whooohoooo!

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

great pics where did you ride? has anybody been up to griffin yet? whats the condition up there like?

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com

From the RSC site.

Frisby AccessNovember 14, 2011
There will be active logging taking place on Frisby for part of this winter. Harvesting should be starting very soon. An alternate route is being constructed by Stella-Jones and funded by government so snowmobile access will continue on Frisby. This is going very well and should be completed this week.
Remember DO NOT snowmobile on a plowed road, it is illegal as well as being very dangerous as there will be active logging traffic and you will be ticketed. If active snowmobiling takes place on the plowed road we could possibly see the area closed until logging is finished....WE DO NOT WANT THAT! The new route will be signed and once logging is finished we will benefit by having a new route on the mountain that will tie in with the old trails, so it is a win/win situation for all of us.
Further information will be posted as we receive it.

jumpingjack

Reaction score

We rode Frisbie for 4 days last weekend as it always gets the most snow. Griffin is lower and always gets less snow. I wouldn't think it would be worth it to go there yet.

SCRUBZ

Reaction score

Was just wondering if they have started grooming up boulder or frisby????

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com

Grooming is planned to start for the wknd. of Nov. 26.

Logging will be taking place on Frisby this season. The contractor will be completing some pre-logging work in the next few days. Please watch for equipment working and give them lots of space. An alternate route has been established and will be groomed in the coming days. There will be two road crossings (warning signs will be posted). Please stop at these crossings and check for logging traffic. Parking is the same however the booth will be moved to the till pit (1km up the trail) in the next few days. Booth staff will provide you with updates and or further instruction there. If you have any questions or concerns, please call the office at 250-837-3325.

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ok...so weekend of the 26th, does that mean thursday night.....they are grooming in golden...

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Do u have the new groomer all prepped and ready to go? Hope grooming starts this fri night.. Since I will be riding  this weekend .Will all that fresh on the trail.. It should be time... T

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com

I`d like to see trails put in quick too. We just got our first significant snowfall in the valley Wed. night. They are starting to put the trails in on Frisby today, had to wait for contractor to build new trail to avoid logging traffic. This will be good in the end, another groomed trail on Frisby. :d Boulder follows, will be soon. SRS said they want to groom a couple times before they charge. So be prepared to pay a trail pass fee or show proof of your membership on the wknd. of the 26th. Yes Candoo all the girls are all ready to go.

You guys staying out on the Hwy. W side the W trail was washed out late last spring when a huge mudslide came down onto Westside Rd. There is now a creek bed with huge boulders in the bottom of it, the trail is now a winter only trail and there will have to be a couple of good snowfalls to be able to groom. I don`t know how or if guys are somehow getting across now.

Last edited:

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I`d like to see trails put in quick too. We just got our first significant snowfall in the valley Wed. night. They are starting to put the trails in on Frisby today, had to wait for contractor to build new trail to avoid logging traffic. This will be good in the end, another groomed trail on Frisby. :d Boulder follows, will be soon. SRS said they want to groom a couple times before they charge. So be prepared to pay a trail pass fee or show proof of your membership on the wknd. of the 26th. Yes Candoo all the girls are all ready to go.

You guys staying out on the Hwy. W side the W trail was washed out late last spring when a huge mudslide came down onto Westside Rd. There is now a creek bed with huge boulders in the bottom of it, the trail is now a winter only trail and there will have to be a couple of good snowfalls to be able to groom. I don`t know how or if guys are somehow getting across now.

Thanks for keeping the out of towners up to date! ;)
Ya, i had heard about the washout... wonder if businesses on the west side will pay or push to get that fixed??!
This will force us to load sleds and drive around, but will be good to see you and the crew on a regular basis :eek::beer:... that may push you to get the washout fixed...
:cool: Wii be out this weekend for the first trip, hope to see ya creeping around the bottom LOL
:cool:

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com

I don`t want to work, I have a new motor to break in :) Was great to see so many of all you guys at the shows, and Homer helped me get rid of a "Crazy Sticker Collector" in Saskatoon :rolleyes:. The washout has been filled with pallets. Just need a bunch of snow to fill it in. The W side booth has also been moved closer to the old 4 km. on the Bezanson. The booth will be staffed this season. Sun is comming out. ;)

Top Bottom