Re: Official REVY Riding conditions 2011/12

heres a pic of the cabin on saturday november5 147.jpg

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca

How often can you say you rode two mountians in one day. Thanks to Rod D. for hooking up with me at the chevron today as we headed up Frisby for our first ride of the year and what a ride it was with blue skies and deep powder snow. As soon as we got to the top we peeled off to the right and were treated to all the untouched powder you could handle, good coverage and little chance of hitting much of anything big. I did say two so after getting loaded up I headed up Boulder for a quick rip to the Super Bowl, a little less snow but still worth riding.

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 1,830
  • 053.jpg
    053.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 1,815
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 1,837
  • 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 1,844

raven-lunatic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You had to rub it in a bit didn't you Greg,Glad it went well.talk to you in a few days!

jumpingjack

Reaction score

Thanks for posting the pictures Greg. Looks like the snow was great. Only 4 more sleeps before we're there enjoying the snow and its driving me nuts waiting. :beer::beer:

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca

I forgot to tell you about the road up Frisby this winter is going to used for logging and company is going to put a new groomer trail around there cut blocks, fingers crossed. For now they are already grading the road right to the top just before the trail head and no turn outs so far. Today I unloaded at 5 1/2k at a junction in the road with a good base and fresh snow but I'm sure this will change from day to day. I was told by the Forestry that the road will be plowed all winter even know they don't plan on logging the top block till january sometime so lets hope that a new trail gets built soon. So just a reminder there will be no place to turn your trailers around if you head up to far, one more snow fall and we can use the lower rock pit.

Nixonguy14

Reaction score

thanks for sharing, things look to be shaping up for my december trip

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Guys how are the landmines around Frisby? I'm thinking about riding this weekend.

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Greg posted pictures and a short blurb about Frisby at the top of the page bud.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ah!!!! I see you got the itch that cant be scratched at home Josh... Owen asked me to go but I will wait untill after this snow this week to aid in control arm safety

Guys how are the landmines around Frisby? I'm thinking about riding this weekend.

clifford the big red dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Greg those pictures were sick, here i got excited about not been able to see the gravel in the back alley and your on the mountain boondocking, see you next week, thanks for the pics

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Rode Frisby Ridge Nov 5. Awesome day, quite a bit of powder, never probed it but plenty for boondocking and getting stuck.

We drove up to kilometer 3 on the trail to find snow. Didn't hit any landmines and we rode pretty hard too. Can't wait to do it again!

Sorry for the Cat party here...

1.jpg 3.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

Last edited:

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com

Rich, we got an open spot on the trailer for ya, and those that have ridden Frisbee recently say there's not much to be worried about for landmines. We're heading out Thursday after work and I know you don't have anything better to do this weekend! :beer:

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

LOL your right!!!! but im slammed at work as wew are parking vehicles 2 rows deep..... its real tempting but I will have to decline.....this time but I hope you take some pics and video so you can rub it in.... have a good time guys

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

awesome pictures!! did you run in to many people once you got up there? and did you find any untracked snow

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yep, about 12 people total thoughout the day. Believe or not, everything we hit was untouched pow. The fog was on and off throughout the day so we didn't get too far away from the cabin. I think everyone else was heading for the big hills which left everything else for us. :d

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Oh ya sure rub it in that im not going LOL let me know how it is Owen. Who's all going? Where you staying?

Anyone else want Rich's spot on the trailer for this weekend? Leaving Calgary after work on Thursday. Send me a PM!

medler

I love guns
Reaction score

phuck i would go but allready made plans...but thanks for offering a spot to stangers ,,,thats cool of ya ..

Top Bottom