Official REVY riding condition!!!

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont wanna sound like an idiot.... but how do you check for avalanch warnings in revy on that site???

Basically their is two different areas you can go to on the Avalanche.ca website. Firstly from the home page you want "Bulletins" at the top then "Latest Bulletins" The region that I usually use for Revy is "North Columbia" Depending on where I'm riding that day. Next your looking for "Monashees & Selkirks" Scroll down and open all the "arrows" so you can read the messages. That sums up the Bulletins aspect of the page.

Next is the "Avaluator Trip Planner" Under pre-trip planner "trip planner" This is a very useful tool, it explains all this on the website but basically click Online Trip Planning Tool under "step 1" Select your bulliten/region again N. Columbia - Select your backcountry activity (Snowmobiling) Then check an area (boulder for example) then go back up to where it is green/yellow hopefully not red and click on the Monashees & Selkirks not cariboo's or everything will be shaded - select your day you want to ride and then pick your "area" ie: turbo and todays results are 3. Considerable

Hope this helps not only you but anyone else out their that does not know how to use these simple tools.

Avaluator Trip Planner

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont wanna sound like an idiot.... but how do you check for avalanch warnings in revy on that site???

Sounds like you need to take your AST1 course, do it before you go riding again for you, your friends and family. There is so much more to learn than just looking at the avi forecasts, like reading terrain.
Try these guys, you'll get a weekend of sledding out of it anyhow..

www.hangfiretraining.com

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
Anybody wanna meet up tues morning?

Just got a new tune in my T-Nytro and want to go out in the morning early for a couple hours before i go home. Anybody want to meet up? I have 12 years riding experience and all avi gear. Just want to go and try it out and come back in one piece.
Dustin 780-812-5365 I got a room here in revi for the night. Pm me or give me a shout.

SX_Viper_mtx

Reaction score

sledhed88

Reaction score
just wondering what the deal is with keystone this year.. thought i read somehere about closures?? Anyone clear this up breifly?

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Anybody wanna meet up tues morning?

Hey when are you leaving or are you there already?

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok...so up frisby today....socked in big time...it has not stopped snowing here since about 7pm last night...

The truth on the snow.....lots of it.....but it gets sketchy in areas...its early season riding and I did get megga stuck today several times....would I tell anyone to go home...no...but be careful and watch where you are pulling lines...

Couple of guys were way back on friday and said the snow was awesome. So awesome they have been up every day waiting for it to clear so they could make it to the back again....

I will post up again tomorrow with some pics...the trail really needs to be groomed....

Burns

Reaction score
Where did you stage from for Frisby? We are coming up tomorrow to ride Fri Sat Sun. Have an 18ft enclosed will there be issues?

Burns

Reaction score
How about Boulder - chains required to get a trailer to 3-4km mark?

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
We have got a ft. in town since Mon. night, hasn`t quit. :d
I`d be prepared to drive up Boulder to the junction just in case there isn`t enough snow from the bottom for the wknd., it will be plowed and gravelled on Fri.

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone got a pic or 2 of the old cabin in the last week? Did they knock it down?
I could tell snow fall level compared to previous years easier from that, as I've got pics of the ol' girl going back 6 years!
All taken between the 1rst & 2nd weekends of Dec.

Cheers!! :cool::beer::beer::cool:

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Old cabin is still sitting there. Didn't stop there and go inside and didn't get any pictures either.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone got a pic or 2 of the old cabin in the last week? Did they knock it down?
I could tell snow fall level compared to previous years easier from that, as I've got pics of the ol' girl going back 6 years!
All taken between the 1rst & 2nd weekends of Dec.

Cheers!! :cool::beer::beer::cool:

YEP!! This pic was from a friend that went inside Sunday.

Attachments

• 149049_480044347472_514167472_5931369_4523803_n.jpg
    149049_480044347472_514167472_5931369_4523803_n.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 1,074
Top Bottom