Official REVY riding condition!!!

blownapex

Reaction score
Well this is kind of late! But 6 of us went to revy on the 19 to the 24th. From fort Mac. Riding was great just had to keep an eye out for land mines. We rode. Boulder. Frisby. And sail! Not to many people at sail yet this year. We got blown out of there wind had to be up to 80km/h. But was looking good. We rode frisby on the 23 but was very wind blown snow.. So we decided to make another trip to revy on the 14th to the 19th! This time sounds like 15+ guys heading that way :) getting pretty excited!! Hope to see some of you on the hill !

blownapex

Reaction score
And I forgot. If your gunna bring a 4 place enclosed or something with weight have good tires.. Cause I tried going up boulder ended up sliding backwards about 100 feet before I was able to jack knife it before going off a cliff.. I have a jacked up f350. But pro comp tires.. Need chains lol. Didnt damage one thing thank god.. Or hurt anyone!! First day to.. So chains or decent tires I would recommend..

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode boulder today. Was alright. snow was only over the hood. :d got back to the airport where hardly anyone had been, and managed to get the 2 163's stuck a few times. the 151 had a couple of stucks too.
Starting the day out hoping that the sun makes it to us
Picture 001.jpg
Finding some good powder
Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

T.O.B.C

Reaction score
Heading to REVY for AST1 field day on DEC 5-6. Was thinking of heading down a day early to do some riding. Does anyone have an accurate measurement of how much snow is around, we have 3feet in Kamloops country in the hills at 5500Ft for those who are wondering(measured with a marked probe). It's still nervouse riding.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading to REVY for AST1 field day on DEC 5-6. Was thinking of heading down a day early to do some riding. Does anyone have an accurate measurement of how much snow is around, we have 3feet in Kamloops country in the hills at 5500Ft for those who are wondering(measured with a marked probe). It's still nervouse riding.

There's enough snow that the 163's were stuck, and there was no sign of ground when digging them out. I would say that back in the airport (by the monster bowl) there was about 6 feet of snow.

jerryscott

Reaction score
Ive never rode in Revy what's the avalanche danger right now in Frisby and boulder, a group of us are thinking of heading up this next weekend.

Mr.Plow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Frisby today. Didn't even get 1km from the cabin and had a BLAST!

Amazing what some do to search fow POW!

Ive never rode in Revy what's the avalanche danger right now in Frisby and boulder, a group of us are thinking of heading up this next weekend.

The avalanche danger on Frisby is usually quite low unless you go looking for it. Mostly medians with LOTS of deep POW and trees :d:beer:

dycker

Reaction score
Rode Caribou on Saturday and Frisby on Sunday.

Attachments

• IMG_1790.jpg
    IMG_1790.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 744
  • IMG_1794.jpg
    IMG_1794.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 741
  • IMG_1796.jpg
    IMG_1796.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 749
  • IMG_1766.jpg
    IMG_1766.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 757
  • IMG_1757.jpg
    IMG_1757.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 759

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Hey Dyker how was Caribou? We are heading out thurs night and I was planning to go to Caribou Fri but wasnt sure about the trail up. Did you check out Keystone on the way by? Is there snow down low there or did she look bare? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.:d

dycker

Reaction score
Based on the willows, I'd say we were first into Caribou for the year. There was about 2ft of powder right from the truck. The first cut block was a bit dicy but after that it was okay. We only made it to the second set of medows as it was tough going in the trees. As long as you can follow our tracks, you should make it to the main area with out any problems, may need to shovel in a few trenches but the hard work is done. We were the only 2 in there all day, but I'll never go back;)

Heard there was about 5 trucks at Keystone on Saturday. Snow right to the highway.

Hey Dyker how was Caribou? We are heading out thurs night and I was planning to go to Caribou Fri but wasnt sure about the trail up. Did you check out Keystone on the way by? Is there snow down low there or did she look bare? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.:d

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also watch out for avy conditions on the new boulder cabin, cause it hasn't totally released yet, and someone and/or there sled will get smoked. So don't park in the avy run out as taught in your avy courses.:d

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,285

summitking

Reaction score
Based on the willows, I'd say we were first into Caribou for the year. There was about 2ft of powder right from the truck. The first cut block was a bit dicy but after that it was okay. We only made it to the second set of medows as it was tough going in the trees. As long as you can follow our tracks, you should make it to the main area with out any problems, may need to shovel in a few trenches but the hard work is done. We were the only 2 in there all day, but I'll never go back;)

Heard there was about 5 trucks at Keystone on Saturday. Snow right to the highway.

Trail in was great on Saturday, thanks Dycker. Four of us were first up and had that first bowl to ourselves for a few hours, great snow. By noon there were another 10 or so riders.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
also watch out for avy conditions on the new boulder cabin, cause it hasn't totally released yet, and someone and/or there sled will get smoked. So don't park in the avy run out as taught in your avy courses.:d

Yup she will unload big, there will be signs posted this wk. warning riders not to park in the run out zone.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the report. I love Caribou and we enjoy breaking in through the trails with the 174 tracks, the deeper the better. We will follow your trail in and adventure as much as possible since this place is shut down on Jan 1st. I am pretty sad because of it cuz we like to be where no one else is and quite often that was the situation there. Hopefully the weather co-operates as well!!!:)

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Check the avi conditions here.

Welcome to avalanche.ca

Never go off what somebody else tells you, check this site before you leave every morning before sledding, or while your on the way to the spot, on your cell phone..

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont wanna sound like an idiot.... but how do you check for avalanch warnings in revy on that site???

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup she will unload big, there will be signs posted this wk. warning riders not to park in the run out zone.

.....anyone dumb enough to get buried in a "cabin-avy" probably should not be on the mountain in the first place!

Can't wait for the first story to come in......LMFFAO!!!

Top Bottom