Oakley Inferno battery needed

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Though I’d check and see if anyone has a pair of these goggles with f’d up lenses they would be willing to sell the battery assembly from.

I went full yard sale through the trees this weekend and the entire battery assembly came off the strap, never to be seen again. I’ve called Oakley customer service and have been informed they don’t have anything to send or sell. Pretty sure I can’t live without heated goggles and the 509’s don’t have nearly as good of lenses.

Much appreciated.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you end up wanting to sell your Inferno's let me know. I have been wanting a second set for the lense in case mine get messed up.

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can buy batteries from Riderz or Oakley.

Thanks I'll give them a shout tomorrow. Hopefully they have the entire assembly that attaches to the strap and not just the battery inside.

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the number for their warranty & parts department - they will sell parts: 1-877-322-1065

I called them today and they said they couldn't help me, nothing in stock. According to the people in the Oakley store in Calgary they are working on a different design of heated goggle, hence them not supporting these any longer

vapours

Reaction score
haven't opened my inferno's battery back yet but I suspect if you take it apart it's just a standard battery, prob the same kinda used in a vape......... I'll open it and check, $20 bucks at any vape shope

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I believe the battery inside is pretty standard, but I need the battery and the entire black plastic assembly which hangs off the strap on the side of the goggles as well.

vapours

Reaction score
sorry, missed that part, thought your battery was just dead, you lost the whole unit. Then yeah I got mine from Riderz and they said they had a ton of stock on them because they sold out so quick last year, but that was before xmas.. did you call them?

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry, missed that part, thought your battery was just dead, you lost the whole unit. Then yeah I got mine from Riderz and they said they had a ton of stock on them because they sold out so quick last year, but that was before xmas.. did you call them?

Just called them. They don’t have any batteries and assemblies but they do have two pair left with white frames and blue lenses.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe they just didn't sell enough of them in North America to continue making them. I have a pair of Aboms and really like them, I do wish the battery would last a bit longer though.

That explains why I've had trouble trying to find some this year. Been looking everywhere that I know that sells Oakleys and can't find them. Not a huge fan of 509's goggles, so I may have to try the Aboms.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The battery is the same as the Frankenstein sled light.

Should be able to find a generic one on the net.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What you could do is get the 509 Ignite battery pack and extension cord and cut the end off of it and the cord on the Oakleys then connect those if you are handy enough. The Oakleys use a mini usb style plug but its still only a two wire system as far as I can tell.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What you could do is get the 509 Ignite battery pack and extension cord and cut the end off of it and the cord on the Oakleys then connect those if you are handy enough. The Oakleys use a mini usb style plug but its still only a two wire system as far as I can tell.

You would need to confirm both systems are the same voltage.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The battery is the same as the Frankenstein sled light.

Should be able to find a generic one on the net.
You can buy spare batteries on frankensled's website for about $35 if I remember correctly.

Top Bottom