Nytro rear shock

mdwils

Reaction score
Anyone ditch the rear springs on a mtx and replace em with a Float shock or similiar on a factory 08 skid? Will it work?
If so, which model of shock.
FYI.. the rear shock on a '10 model mtx has wider eyelets than the 08 mtx so dont try it....trust me I know.....unfortunately

messy

Reaction score
I have an upgrade rear shock for that skid if you would like to try.

twincam88

Reaction score
my buddy did this but i dont really know what float model it was. did you ever think of putting in a '10 skid? they are out there!! oh and sask guys check out sleddinsaskatchewan.com a cool little forum run by a friend of mine. has all trail conditions pics vids etc!

wilmot

Reaction score
my buddy did this but i dont really know what float model it was. did you ever think of putting in a '10 skid? they are out there!! oh and sask guys check out sleddinsaskatchewan.com a cool little forum run by a friend of mine. has all trail conditions pics vids etc!

The 2010 is a much better skid. I am installing one on my 09. They are hard to find but guy's are replacing them with KMOD skid's for big boost.

kdrpjr

Reaction score
I have a 2010 MTX 162 with the fox floats on the front a rear, and I myself am kind of thinking about going to a sping shock for the rear skid. I find that with a passenger on with me and going through trails with washboard a couple feet apart it seems start "bucking" and its a rough ride. its like the shock compresses and then explodes and bucks. it doesnt really absorb the bump. my buddy has the same kind of machine and has the same problem. i tried setting the psi differently but it still does it. anyone have any ideas of what might cause this?

Top Bottom