Nytro Front End Upgrade!!!

Dtripps

Reaction score
Hey Nytro guys, I have a 2008 Nytro MTX with a MPI Turbo, what is everyone recommending for a front end upgrade? i have heard mix results about the timbersled set up, and haven't heard a hole lot about the Zbros set up. I am looking to eliminate the darting and ski wobble that the older model nytros are famous for. :cool:

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
I have the Skinz front suspension with the Fox Evol R shocks on my sled and let me tell you even with the low snow conditions this year....... it is a game changer!!!! If I've said it once I've said it a million times the fundamental issue with these sleds is the handling. You have to address that issue before you will see any type of change. You can boost these babies to the moon and you still won't have addressed that fundamental issue. Am I happy with it...you betcha!!! Would I do it again? In a heartbeat!!!!

Do something about the rear suspension thereby lowering that attack angle and change out that stock track. Change out that front suspension and then you have a sled that will compete with anything else on the market today.

PS I'm not a Nytro guy but I still thought it would be okay for a Nytro GAL to respond....hehehehehehehehe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan

Last edited:

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Zbros install was absolute garbage. Cant notice any handling difference, havent had a chance to see any darting change, not expecting it to be better from what Ive seen so far> wish I would have left it stock and bought a seat instead.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I recently put in ZBroz front end myself on my 08 Nytro. I really like the fact that you can change coil over pressure as well as resiviour pressure.
Right now I am having a go around with ZBroz as a matter of fact. When I installed the front end I had the front of the sled off the ground. So when install completed I proceeded to turn the bars to check for any contact anywhere. Well guess what!! The steering arm on the left side hit the shock mount on the lower A-Arm. I called and talked to Laramie and he put me onto Nath. I proceeded to tell him the story. He said they would build me new lower A-Arms and send them off to me. Which I thought wasn't too bad other than the total front end tear down to replace.
He said it's because of the welding jig they use. Thats cool!! Shat happens!!
Well I got my new lower arms. installed them and guess what the same problem. I called Nath again and also sent pics. He said it's because I have a steering relocate. What CRAP!! Nath then tells me that he didn't build me new arms he just sent me another set of arms that he had on the shelf. That p$ssed me off!! They are worse than the first set!! There Shat ain't cheap and I want what I payed for. Left side hits, right side doesn't.. It seems now that they have washed there hands and are not interested in standing behind there name.
So you make your own decision>> But think hard if you want to give a business like that 2000.00 for there front end!! JM2C!!!!

Oh need to add. Was out this past weekend and guess what!! I now have a bent ball joint on the left side steering arm.. NICE!! Thanks ZBROZ!! Your the Best!!

Last edited by a moderator:

becker007

Reaction score
Is it bent on the piece that the ball joint is mounted? Both of mine did that and I found out that the 41" wide a-arms were being warrantied for the bent ball joint mount. I called Nate and told him mine did the same thing as the 41" and they warrantied mine as well. I have the 39" wide I believe. I also had a hard time with them but in the end it all worked out.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just sent this to Nathan. Geez, wonder what his response will be!!
Never mind the work it took to swap his first set out after I had it all done. Now I get to do it again as well replace the tie rod end.

Gotta think I'd be happy about that!!

Hey Nathan, went riding as you said. You figured only going to remove paint. Tie rod end bent more now. See pic.
The second set you sent me is worse, but only on the left side. Right side is fine. You told me you were going to have a new lower a-arm built for me. Instead you pulled one off the shelf and shipped it. That pisses me right off!!
So let me know what your plan is. Seems like your not too interested in fixing the problem. I can't keep changing ends and building heavier tie rods won't fix the problem.
Right now I have a few guys on S&M forum waiting for my response on ZBroz front end. From what I hear you had issues with others on this issue.
If your not going to handle it, I will package it up and you can have your junk back.
I'm not paying $2000.00 for this!! And I'm sure others won't either.
If I don't hear from someone there in the next day or so I will pull your garbage off my sled and send it back. Then you can sell it to someone else.
Not a happy camper!! Zbros Front end Left Side.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

deeker

Reaction score
Just sent this to Nathan. Geez, wonder what his response will be!!
Never mind the work it took to swap his first set out after I had it all done. Now I get to do it again as well replace the tie rod end.

Gotta think I'd be happy about that!!

Hey Nathan, went riding as you said. You figured only going to remove paint. Tie rod end bent more now. See pic.
The second set you sent me is worse, but only on the left side. Right side is fine. You told me you were going to have a new lower a-arm built for me. Instead you pulled one off the shelf and shipped it. That pisses me right off!!
So let me know what your plan is. Seems like your not too interested in fixing the problem. I can't keep changing ends and building heavier tie rods won't fix the problem.
Right now I have a few guys on S&M forum waiting for my response on ZBroz front end. From what I hear you had issues with others on this issue.
If your not going to handle it, I will package it up and you can have your junk back.
I'm not paying $2000.00 for this!! And I'm sure others won't either.
If I don't hear from someone there in the next day or so I will pull your garbage off my sled and send it back. Then you can sell it to someone else.
Not a happy camper!!View attachment 121809

Hurry get that sled fixed so we can go ride

Dtripps

Reaction score
thanks to all for the info. I have used CR for other parts and like there products but have not heard much info on there front ends. Skins is sounding like a solid setup, and Zbros sounds like another one to stay away from. Feel your pain 240turbo, it is amazing companies can stay afloat with that kind of service.

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
I just received another shipment of Skinz front ends, guys are really liking them. Give me a call and will get ya set up-Darren 780-997-3818

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how much...

Saw $1055 somewhere. What I can't find is...does that include spherical bearings for the stock or upgraded shocks...or do we have to modify them...or do we have to buy new shocks? Darren?

Last edited:

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
The Skinz Front End kits do not include spherical bearings for the shocks. You either have to upgrade to a shock with spherical bearings or retrofit spherical bearings in. In the case of Fox shocks you can purchase the parts and find a machine shop to install them for you.

Top Bottom