ny tss m8 turbo wont build boost

Reaction score
my tss m8 turbo wont build boost ive pressure checked my hole system and also took rubber elbo of turbo when running it pushing lots of air ive run out out of ideas of what to check for any ideas out there

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
my tss m8 turbo wont build boost ive pressure checked my hole system and also took rubber elbo of turbo when running it pushing lots of air ive run out out of ideas of what to check for any ideas out there
Are the extra injectors turning on? If you do not get fuel you will not get boost.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue NM is talking about. Feel like an idiot admitting there was no power going to my aux injectors. Get out your multi meter and check for power going to the inj. There should always be power going there, the xic just ground out the system to make it function. Also, check to see if the xic is sensing your tach signal. Forget which screen it is, but you have to rev the sled past 3000rpm for it to register on the xic.

Other er things to check going by experience from mine and my buddies boosted proclimbs, check your throttle body boots. Buddy of mine split his and ended up burning the motor down eventually.

Good luck man.

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
Is the orange light common in the boost-it box? Should be a setting in the menu "led on at 1%" or
Something similar. Make sure that's on, then go in an open area and gradually add more throttle. It it should light up once the injectors start adding fuel. Also do the same and watch your fuel pressure gauge. If your building any amount of boost the fuel pressure should rise 1-1 evenly with the boost pressure. Ex base fp of 38 at idle... Should read approx 42 with 4psi of boost.
Check your y-pipe donut too. This was the problem with mine when it wouldn't build boost. Springs were all on, but there is a notch on the donut. Mine wasn't aligned with the notch and would seal fine at idle, but would leak really bad with load. You couldn't hear the leak at all because of the tunnel dump exhaust. Installed new donut aligned with notch on manifold, now builds 10psi boost even with the boost controller all the way backed off! :) Also make sure plugs are all gapped the same, put them at 20thou. Mine would hit a wall 7500, the boost blows out the spark! One plug was at 20 the rest were at 28 or higher. Put all 4 at 20 an now I had to add a ton of weight to the primary! Little tips I've learned on my 12 TSS M8
Good luck!

Top Bottom