"num bum 24-hour alberta endurance ice race" 2013

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gone to this, at sandy beach? Just heard about it from Yves at get torqed and I'm curious if it would be worth the 2 hour drive to spectate? Also I'm not sure what time it starts ect ect..Havn't really found a whole bunch of good info on it.

-Matt

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I raced in it for a few years, before it came to Sandy Beach. But when it did, I happened to be living across the lake at the time. The race starts Saturday at noon and ends Sunday at noon. The course was 17km's with about 185 corners, with a couple of nice straight aways. Usually a coffee tent, and lots of stuff to see. They use to make a second perimeter track around the outside, for bus tours or to ride sleds and quads. IMHO..... it's worth checking out.

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ice may not be good with all the warm weather we've been having....
That was my next question, I don't want to drive up there to find out they pulled the pin because the ice is too thin lol.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The last time I was there for a visit, there was next to nothing for water. More than likely the lake is frozen solid!!! Check with Riverside, they would have the most info and know the condition of the ice.

Numb bum 2001 pic, I just went past pit row and into a series of sweepers

DSCF0009 - Copy.jpg

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alberta Endurance Ice Racing
Home
C.C Cycle Westlock 780-349-3343
Riverside St. Albert 780-458-7272

There are machines of all sizes and brands, there are clasess that run the full 24 hour, and now they have a Tin Man(3hour class) as well as a red eye (day light only)
Most of the guys in the pits are pretty friendly and dont mind chatting....

I'll try and get an update re the Ice......

Attachments

• 1-1-2-Pit RowC.jpg
    1-1-2-Pit RowC.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 179
  • 150-3.jpg
    150-3.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 173
  • 223-2C.jpg
    223-2C.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 223-6C.jpg
    223-6C.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 173
  • 848-4C.jpg
    848-4C.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 173
  • 88-6C.jpg
    88-6C.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 173
  • REF-2C.jpg
    REF-2C.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 167

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I e-mailed mr. Ice Race himself, the guy that has been running the Num Bum for years, the guy that spends countless hours getting things ready and building the track......

The answer is......the race is a go, the ice is in good shape, they have built the pit lane and will be working on the track today.....

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wicked, thanks for looking into it. I may have to check this out, it would be fun to race the tin man class.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i went up last year in the early morning... unloaded the quad too and scewed around on the road next to the track.. it was fun.. if you get there early enough you can cruise the track...
went up to support Kevin and the boys... Flynt who owns FCP was there last year from the US along with neil of Npp Pipes... was a good day and drove home in the evening.. bit of a long trip from
calgary for one day, but was fun...

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i went up last year in the early morning... unloaded the quad too and scewed around on the road next to the track.. it was fun.. if you get there early enough you can cruise the track...
went up to support Kevin and the boys... Flynt who owns FCP was there last year from the US along with neil of Npp Pipes... was a good day and drove home in the evening.. bit of a long trip from
calgary for one day, but was fun...
I was thinking of going a little later on saturday, watch a bit in the daylight and a bit in the dark. Might be better to get there for noon though. I guess Kevin is testing the full stainless version of the lil' nasty for the outlander/renegade 1000's and I am hoping to be able to hear it, as my quad is at NPP waiting for it.

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drove up to the race today, well worth the 2hr drive. Those guys are nuts, to the pin, for 24hrs haha. I'd love to race it but I have enough junk around here, I'm not sure I can afford a competitive race quad. The get torqed team essploded a belt 6km's into the race, but got that fixed up and then looked to be having some issues with overheating. DAMN that quad makes some power though, made the rest of the quads look pretty turdy out of the hole haha. Not sure where they were placed.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a few buddies who used to race in it all the time. Id luv to get into it one of these winters. They used to customize the old XR 600s with all the bells and whistles.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have raced it twice, finished 3rd once and blew up once. Awesome time, something everyone should try at some point.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Luv ice racing, great skills learnt riding ice, that transfer to the dirt, and it keeps you in shape for the summer.....and a great bunch of guys to hang out with

But and there is always a but...Just go into it with eyes open.....

it can get expensive, studding tires, bigger cooler's, lights to run at night, and it's really hard on motors, with all the studs, theres better traction on ice then on dirt, so the extra torque on the motor works the motor hard.

But I'd do it again, it was fun......

Top Bottom