Novice/nervous wife

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really want to get to wife out to see what it is All about. She will not entertain the idea of Quartz Creek for her first time. She is convinced that I'm an idiot and will take her places she will not be able to handle:realmad::nono:. So that being said, I've heard of Suzanne Lake and the Blaeberry trail. Is there any ridable snow there. She will probablly be riding my XP and me the 07 Rev and will most likely have the kids in front(8&9 year old girls). Thanks and Merry Christmas.:beer:

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
took groups out to Quartz on 19th,some never been on sleds before:eek:,and did just fine..trails groomed right into alpine..and has the cabin
As for Blaeberry It would be great place to take the family snow is good this yrs, had Catchme and wife out they enjoyed.
Susan lake area might no have to much snow as low lying just started accumulating,and might get hard with all cold weather..

have fun!

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will try and get out for three days, two with the wife and kids and a day for me:d.Am taking all next week off and will be looking to tag along with somebody during the week as all my regular riding buddies are either out of the province or country. Is Blaeberry fairly self explanitory,should we get the guided tour?Just did an avy course with the boys from Hangfire....maybe I can tag along with them for a mid-week ride somewhere.:beer:Will stop in and see Aaron at GSR to see if he's riding ...but i think he might be getting the turbo installed next week.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tell your wife she will enjoy Quartz,My wife loves the place and a Highmarker she's not.
Very easy access to the meadow and great place for beginner's!
catmando!

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I joined Alfred and his family a few weeks back for a ride to Quartz, his wife was a newbie and she did very well. I wouldn't count it out just yet.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mc bride is an awesome places for newbies....nice trails up to mountain and then always easy choices when at the top. ive taken groups of up to 35 there and over half were novice riders or newbies..............

T

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any places in Golden that you can stay with a couple of dogs....no, not lap dogs either, boxers. Probably asking for too much now I know.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any places in Golden that you can stay with a couple of dogs....no, not lap dogs either, boxers. Probably asking for too much now I know.

Call Glenogle Mountain Lodge,,,,,,,they will likely accomidate you,they have dogs!
catmando!

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call Ken at Chancellor Peaks it's just before Golden when your coming in from the Calgary side.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

haha have room in kennel(80sqft),with to giant malamute pups:d.hell if you bring your own bed you can have the master bed.R,its empty.I know Super 8 has doggy guests

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there any Doggie spa's/kennels there where I can leave my little monster during the day while I sled ? He'll get bored(border collie/greyhound) and tear a hotel room to shreds.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a few options. One that I recall that has daycare is Kicking Horse Kennel Co. in Nicholson (few clicks South of Golden) They have some land there too for him to run.:) 250 344 2184
I'll post more if I can find them...

Top Bottom