Not Impressed

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First time in 20 trips i had to sit in the cabin cause my proclimb left me stranded. Where do i start with the list!

1. Rails bent from trail riding. I put extra stiffiners in after they bent so i could finish the weekend off.
2. Drop brackets for rear skid is ripping out, the rivots pulled out.
3. Gearbox is now blown i believe due to the reverse issue. It moves forward but barely and sounds horrible but i managed to get it down the hill. All the gear oil got blown out somehow i havnt looked to close cause i dropped it off at the dealer for them to fix it.
4. The rivots in the tunnel (right by the inside of your knees below the seat) are pulling out as well.
5. and finally least major but the reverse beeper and light are stuck on and is really annoying.

Thats alot of issues for only 450 miles in my mind. I belive the whole tunnel should be replaced on warrenty cause if they just try to fix the rivots with new ones they will just pull out (from past experience on race sleds). Rails should also be replaced because i had a rev 163" with 1700 miles on it without bending them. Gearbox is a real pain because they say they dont have a fix but bring it in in september because they will update it then meanwhile im stuck in the mountains 12 hours from home drinking alone in a cabin while my friends are enjoying a foot of fresh powder!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All 20 trips were on this sled?

Dealers don't like fixing wear parts on sleds under warranty even thouhh its premature.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No about 17 trips on a doo and 3 on this proclimb. I dont believe rivots falling out of the chasis are wear parts. The gearbox is wear parts too? I belive they knew of this problem but told me to keep using it just dont use the reverse. Either way i snow checked a new 2013 summit x for next year lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no the chaincase would deff be covered. but typically anything like bent rails, broken suspension brackets etc are tough to pass by warranty. just simply because that stuff can break from abuse. not that thats what happeend to you but thats just how it goes.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh ok got ya that makes sense. Call it abuse or not i believe it should stand up to my riding. Afterall i had 2400 miles on my '07 summit with no problems like this.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also recomend every proclimb owner look at there drop brackets to make sure they arnt falling apart as well. That could hurt alot while riding. I should have taken pictures to post but dropped it off to soon at the dealer

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Geeze, my buddy that rides a proclimb has been known to beat the crap out of sleds and none of that happened to him... just the damn belt issue.

He had the same thing happen 10 years ago on an RMK 800 and the dealer told him to stuff it.

You had enough air in the shocks? In my buddies case (he denied it at the time) the springs weren't stiffened enough and let it bottom out on the trail instead of doing its job.

Can't speak for the chain case, but the rest sounds like pure abuse... cat builds a tank. You might have got lucky with doo but if you can make a cat fall apart like that, something's fishy to me. Jus sayin.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh i admit i ride hard im an ex pro sno-crosser raced for 5 years. Between the trails, cliffs, and jumping but not like ive rolled it or crashed into trees so i figure they should hold up. I havnt had a belt issue either yet lol. The shocks are as stiff as they can go. the stoppers on the rails dont seem to be beaten so i dont think im bottoming out.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh i admit i ride hard im an ex pro sno-crosser raced for 5 years. Between the trails, cliffs, and jumping but not like ive rolled it or crashed into trees so i figure they should hold up. I havnt had a belt issue either yet lol. The shocks are as stiff as they can go. the stoppers on the rails dont seem to be beaten so i dont think im bottoming out.

Is this the proclimb 800 or the 1100T?

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya id say its might be a little more towards the wear/abuse side instead of $hitty workmanship,,,,i think i may have seen you post pics of doin 100 footers??? If thats the case i don't think That beast is really built for that,,,maybe the hcr woulda held up better for that kinda ridin?

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Landing in 2 feet powder shocks really dont make a difference. Sure if i was landing flat and onto hard packed. HCR has the same chasis i thought? I also had an rt1000 skidoo wen they first came out and managed to handle 100ft no problem and they were tanks aswell. My dealer knows my riding style and assured me this would hold up. I havnt talked to him yet but sure all will be fine. Plus i thouoght these sleds were built/ modelled of the race chasis anyway. Argue all we want i still think theres no abuse from my part.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not arguing bud,,,it was just my thinking that all the damage you were describing kinda sounds like goin to big for a sled thats not really made for that, the hcr has better suspension so that might've made a difference?? Your type of riding id say u might be better suited with an 800 hcr, assault or freeride...just my opinion, for all i know that thing could be a real pos...:beer:

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
could be a lemon yes and ya i was under the impression that this 1100t was the best of both worlds a 4stoke with 2 stroke agility lol. I know im going back to a doo next year most likely a freeride. Im gonna miss the power of this sled though!

Two Creeks

Reaction score
I also have a 1100T retro, and the rivets came out of my drop brackets too, causing the tunnel to kink, and eat up the side of my track. Also had a new chaincase installed before my last ride and it is in the shop again with 400 kms on it, due to some grinding. And last of all, my front shock in the rear skid, where it bolts between the rails, the nut that holds the long bolt all the way through came off, but the bolt couldnt come out due to a boggie wheel being in the way and oblonged holes in my rails. Needless to say that it wasnt a good last trip. Sounds like warranty on the rails and chaincase again, but nothing on the tunnel, track, or drop brackets, even though there are FIVE more at my dealer with the same issue.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also have a 1100T retro, and the rivets came out of my drop brackets too, causing the tunnel to kink, and eat up the side of my track. Also had a new chaincase installed before my last ride and it is in the shop again with 400 kms on it, due to some grinding. And last of all, my front shock in the rear skid, where it bolts between the rails, the nut that holds the long bolt all the way through came off, but the bolt couldnt come out due to a boggie wheel being in the way and oblonged holes in my rails. Needless to say that it wasnt a good last trip. Sounds like warranty on the rails and chaincase again, but nothing on the tunnel, track, or drop brackets, even though there are FIVE more at my dealer with the same issue.
I was told by my duddy that is a cat owner ,''everyone'' got 2 years more warrenty= 5 years,but what good is it they aint covering anything?

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Good to know im not the only one then. I caught mine in time before the tunnel kinked i believe. And ya i noticed the grinding noise on the top of the mountain back in renshaw and like hell if i was gonna tow it all that way so i drove it out

Top Bottom