North Rockies CAC anual Fundraiser 2013

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are putting on our annual Grande Prairie fundraiser to raise funds for the Canadian Avalanche Center to better provide our areas including Kakwa, Tumbler Ridge, Hassler and the Pine Pass with better Avalanche forecasting tools before we hit the Hills.

February 1, 2013 at Spurs Cook House and Dance Hall.
Silent Auction/Lottery
Buffet Supper, Chicken and Beef
$30.00 per Ticket
Doors open at 6:00 Supper at 7:00

Tickets available from Myself or Koby, here on S and M, Please PM either, we can meet up in GP any time(most likely The Canadian Brewhouse on Wednesdays).

To date the area has received a $50000.00 grant from the BC government, $25000.00 from Apache Canada, 2 Remote weather Stations From Apache Canada, a Truck From the Tumbler Ridge Fire Department, A custom built trailer from a fabricator in Tumbler Ridge(if your on Snow and Mud, let us know, your donation is priceless) The CAC has people on the ground here in our region, this is huge compared to last year, we are gaining ground and need everyone's support. Our Goal is to seat 250 people for our supper and raise over $10000.00 for next years forecasting and terrain Rating.

We have made a few changes this year to streamline the event and to appeal to a larger crowd. We appreciate anyone's support, if you can sell a few tickets please let us know, if you can donate a item for our Silent Auction, let us know.

Thanks to everyone who has supported us over the last few years.

Last edited by a moderator:

HCR800<3

Reaction score
For anyone looking for tickets I will be selling some here at Nor-Lan Chrysler, I am located in the parts department and my name is Samantha :) Or if you need to meet up for them just PM me and we can work something out!

All the best in 2013 fellow sledders. :cool:

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is tickets at the front desk at Stojans, parts desk at Countryside and with Samantha at parts in Nor-Lan Chrysler. We need all the support we can get this year to hit or goal of over $10000.00. I went in to Kakwa yesterday with the CAC forecaster, the information is invaluable and avaiable at North Rockies Report : Latest Bulletins : Bulletins : Canadian Avalanche Centre : avalanche.ca The people involved with the North Rockies project are second to none and true experts, we are very lucky to get this going.

snobyrd

Reaction score
in conversation with Ryan shelly this past fall,Ryan told me about the cac Rockies project, and the need for a truck and trailer, I told him to leave it with me, my son talked to the mayor in a hockey dressing room over a beer about the cacs need for a truck, for the pilot project, the mayor said they had just replaced the fire chiefs pickup with a new one and it was going up for auction, he thought instead of selling it off, it would be a bigger benifit donating the truck to the cac.
I built the trailer,with some of the local business donating some of the hardware

Snobyrd

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snobyrd, these two contributions have a huge impact on the success of this pilot project. Hope to see you at the fundraiser!

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
in conversation with Ryan shelly this past fall,Ryan told me about the cac Rockies project, and the need for a truck and trailer, I told him to leave it with me, my son talked to the mayor in a hockey dressing room over a beer about the cacs need for a truck, for the pilot project, the mayor said they had just replaced the fire chiefs pickup with a new one and it was going up for auction, he thought instead of selling it off, it would be a bigger benifit donating the truck to the cac.
I built the trailer,with some of the local business donating some of the hardware

Snobyrd

that right there is AWESOME!

Good on Tumbler Ridge for stepping up to the plate and helping out like that!

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Snobyrd

Snobyrd, the trailer is awesome, solid as a rock, you obviously put tons of work into it, superclamps and all. Hopefully meet up with you in the hills or come over to the Fundraiser on the 1st, I would like to buy you a beer. Thanks for your help!

snobyrd

Reaction score
2yrs ago on Jan 23, I lost my best friend Jon in a slide here in tumbler, I'd been riding the slopes for the past 29 years and every year in the past 6-7 years we had close calls with avys, we had no training, had all the equipment, and thought we were being safe, we never had the chance to take a avy course around here, and there was never any local forecasting, so last year I took lories classroom and Ryans field course and I realized how ignorant I was and how little I knew about avy terrain, so I stayed in contact with Ryan and when he told me about the piolt project, I stepped up and offered my services to do what I could to get this ball rolling.
This NR forecasting was long over due, and their still lots of work to be done. Theirs still lots of ignorant untrained riders in this town and surrounding area that need avy training and awareness.
I saw first hand how a tragedy ruined a family, and how it impacted me as a survivor and it's not fun,how I still ride is still beyond me.
Now that we are going in the direction of forecasting,and more public awareness hopefully we never see another death or
burial again.
Jeff

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
UPDATE

GOLD SPONSORS:
Swan City Snowmobile Club
Stojan's Powersports and Marine
Countryside Motorsports
Northgate Honda & Leisure Products
Redline Powercraft

GET YOUR TICKETS. We will be having an early bird draw on January 15th for limo service to and from the event !

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Recognition of donations for fundraiser to date:

MOTORFIST RECON jacket & bibs

Arctic Cat
Drift Peak COAT 3 layer
Arctic Cat
Boondocker COAT - 3 layer, Green
Yamaha
Glacier Basin Fur Toque Fusia
Yamaha
Global Zip Hoody
Yamaha
Axo Friday Night White Hoody
BCA
Tracker 2 Transceiver
BCA
Stealth 300 Comp Probe
BCA
B-2 Ext Comp Shovel
Polaris
Mnt Event Camo Jacket
Polaris
TOBE Technology Jacket

Thank You for your contributions to this initiative !

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are putting on our annual Grande Prairie fundraiser to raise funds for the Canadian Avalanche Center to better provide our areas including Kakwa, Tumbler Ridge, Hassler and the Pine Pass with better Avalanche forecasting tools before we hit the Hills.

February 1, 2013 at Spurs Cook House and Dance Hall.
Silent Auction/Lottery
Buffet Supper, Chicken and Beef
$30.00 per Ticket
Doors open at 6:00 Supper at 7:00

Tickets available from Myself or Koby, here on S and M, Please PM either, we can meet up in GP any time(most likely The Canadian Brewhouse on Wednesdays).

To date the area has received a $50000.00 grant from the BC government, $25000.00 from Apache Canada, 2 Remote weather Stations From Apache Canada, a Truck From the Tumbler Ridge Fire Department, A custom built trailer from a fabricator in Tumbler Ridge(if your on Snow and Mud, let us know, your donation is priceless) The CAC has people on the ground here in our region, this is huge compared to last year, we are gaining ground and need everyone's support. Our Goal is to seat 250 people for our supper and raise over $10000.00 for next years forecasting and terrain Rating.

We have made a few changes this year to streamline the event and to appeal to a larger crowd. We appreciate anyone's support, if you can sell a few tickets please let us know, if you can donate a item for our Silent Auction, let us know.

Thanks to everyone who has supported us over the last few years.

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are pleased to announce the winner of the Early Bird draw for free limo service to and from the event is Ticket # 71

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have around 200 tickets sold, 4 Gold level sponsors, new goal is $15000.00. All of the money is going directly to Avalanche Forecasting our areas, Kakwa, Tumbler, Chetwnd and the Pine Pass, If you ride these areas help us out buy purchasing the last 50 tickets, we want to sell out! PM me if you want one held at the door.

Thanks to Swan City Snowmobile Club, Northgate, Stojans and Countryside

Top Bottom