North End of Southern Coastal Mtn Range

RTTTTed

Reaction score
My name is Ted Hlokoff and I own Anahim Lake Trading General Store - in Anahim Lake, BC. 200 miles west of Williams Lake along Hwy 20. The famous Rainbow Mtns are 40kms past Anahim Lake.

I used to ride a ZX11 (World's Fastest Motorcycle) and the insurance from that BEAST bought me the meanest, fastest sled on the planet. That was a 165bhp 900 Thundercat. I built that into a 220bhp 1050cc monster.

I bought a highly modified RMK700 that had $40,000 spent on it. That had mysterious problems that meant it only ran three times. Not a big deal as it probably only made 170bhp at best. Both were lost in a building fire. My ZRT600 (slightly modified) survived and I used that for running against 700 and 800 P and Ss. Usually I won.

Then I bought an M1000 and rode that. With stingers I had no problem it was the fastest sled around. So many people were scared to buy a 1000 that the only competition was 800s and they had enough trouble getting there. Polaris quit making 900s completely since they were so unreliable. Last year I was offered an 08 M1000 new for $8,000. I bought it and traded in my 4000mile M1000 for the taxes to Gordo's in Wms Lake.

With the emissions/stock 'Y' pipe the new sled might have been lighter than my old M1000 - but it was only 167bhp and it sure felt slow. I raced my 96 ZRT600 against it to make sure that it would beat 700s. It did, easily. I added a 'can' because the Cat equipped muffler was huge and it could barely be heard. What could be heard sounded like a 440 and was non-intimidating. Changing over the 'Y' pipe did fix the "gutless" aspect of the sled's feel. I know that it was powerful and fast before, but changing the Y pipe made it feel fast and then I was OK with the power.

Last month I tried a Skidoo 800 summit and was not impressed. Try carving one of those, they take a lot of weight to tip to the side. They ride OK (daughter says 'soft') but they don't carve worth ------. I tried a new $12500 Dragon 800 lst winter. When I started to lean for carving the sled just flopped into the snow and wouldn't lift back up. Sad, when we take him trail riding he rides on the sides because the dragon is unstable. Carving, OK but I think that his extra $4,000 more than a snopro 800 cost him more for less sled.

So riding with 800 skid, Extreme 600 and an M7 they all went like their numbers S800 was fastest, M7 was second fastest and Extreme 600 triple was last. They didn't feel like that riding on them though. The M7 was the best carver (daughter's sled) and the Extreme 600 (with low handlebars) was second, leaving the Skid as worst carver.

My M1000 is extremely fast (for nearly stock) although my daughter doesn't like it "because it has too much power". Her M7 does carve better than my M1000. They feel about the same, but the M1000 has a lot more power which makes carving difficult because all that power needs to be pulsed or your carving is going to be at 60mph instead of 30.

I do all my own sled work and usually make my parts although Gordo's does help out sometimes and that is where my knowledge base is.

In real life, I drive the wife's Hemi pu, my supercharged Viper ... or one of my Twin Turbo AWD Dodge Stealth's.

If you're still reading this then you might want to check out my two near death stories and pics at Viper Nation under the Lethal Sleddin? button ...
Ted

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome ya crazy Ol Fart. Man it gets deep in here on a hurry LOL! cya monday afternoon manno!! Good crew around here kinda like us Crazy Ol farts.

RTTTTed

Reaction score
Welcome ya crazy Ol Fart. Man it gets deep in here on a hurry LOL! cya monday afternoon manno!! Good crew around here kinda like us Crazy Ol farts.

I sort of resemble that remark? Nawh, you gotta be 60 before your "Golden years." That's what they tol me anyway. 65 is pension and when we can sit on our asses and get paid for it (10 years to go?) then maybe we're ol?

Wow, already approved and they let you in too? I'm not crazy - am I? Deana says I am ...

Ted

Top Bottom