no spark

hogwild

Reaction score
washed engine compartment today now i have no spark. sled sat in heated shop all day still no go. i didnt even use preasure washer just garden hose. also when looking things over thier is a wire off that i dont know were it goes, from ignition thier is a 3 way plug , 2 wires go to stator in engine one black wire i dont know were it goes. can somone help. 97 summit 670

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
washed engine compartment today now i have no spark. sled sat in heated shop all day still no go. i didnt even use preasure washer just garden hose. also when looking things over thier is a wire off that i dont know were it goes, from ignition thier is a 3 way plug , 2 wires go to stator in engine one black wire i dont know were it goes. can somone help. 97 summit 670

If its the plug I'm thinking about then it could be your ignition ground. Hook it to the frame and pull it over to see if it sparks. Is the ground off the motor side or the steering side? Is it the round 3 prong plug you are talking about?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure its the ground. Will get some pics tonight of the plug since I owe some pics on here for the oil injection removal thread.

hogwild

Reaction score
figured it out, that wire is the ignition ground hooked it to engine and all is well. new problem now,went to go for a little test ride in ditch and blew up chian case. does track have to come of to change it? i just got this sled and im already thinking a modded sled might not have been the way to go.will stock chian work on this sled ? its suposed to be 185 hp, 144x2in track

1hellion

Reaction score
You shouldnt have to take track out it should slide off the drive shaft pretty easy, it prob. already has stock parts in chain case???

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
figured it out, that wire is the ignition ground hooked it to engine and all is well. new problem now,went to go for a little test ride in ditch and blew up chian case. does track have to come of to change it? i just got this sled and im already thinking a modded sled might not have been the way to go.will stock chian work on this sled ? its suposed to be 185 hp, 144x2in track

185 hp in a 670??? Not anywhere close unless its got a turbo. A good 670 will make 160 hp at best. Full race mod might be 165-170 at best on a cold morning.

Track does not have to come off to change out chaincase.

hogwild

Reaction score
had stock parts in case, gears were 44and23. 13 wide chian. not a stock 670 its a 785 union bay , guy i got it from said 185 i dont know what it makes for sure, what do you guys think 785 ,crank shop twins,44 carbs,etc.... what shoud i be runnin for feul?. dont know much about this sled, i got it from a freind how got it from somone else you know how that goes

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had stock parts in case, gears were 44and23. 13 wide chian. not a stock 670 its a 785 union bay , guy i got it from said 185 i dont know what it makes for sure, what do you guys think 785 ,crank shop twins,44 carbs,etc.... what shoud i be runnin for feul?. dont know much about this sled, i got it from a freind how got it from somone else you know how that goes

OK - now its starting to make sense...... LOL UBR 785 - yeah its probably got 170-175ish. Don't forget that original HP # from UBR would have been a corrected sea level dyno #, so you'll be less at higher elevation.

Fuel requirement - not sure, need to know the compression ratio. Do a compression test when the motors hot (holding throttle wide open with kill switch off) and give us the readings, then it will be easier to tell.

Off the top of my head - I would guess you are in the 13-14:1 range, so at least 50/50 race gas blend probably. Depends on what elevation you are riding at too, the higher up you go the less octane you'll need.

Top Bottom