No one to blame but OPEC!

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Option out a truck the same as what they offered 15 years ago and you will be surprised .
The new ones have just added way more expensive options then what was offered back then.
Not entirely correct.
I just priced out a '15 Duramax with all the same options as I had in my '05, came in at almost $17 000 more comparing sticker price to sticker price. So in only 10 years it's gone up that much. This isn't even a full load High Country.
Not sure on Dodge or Ford.

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Major cost difference is we pay about $1.20/km up here and around $50/hr for a pick up and Operator. In the U.S., we pay $0.50/km and $20/hr for equivalent service. Different expectations and associated local costs (housing, food, etc).

Last edited:

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've often wondered just were the numbers come from to get this 'price per barrel' figure from. I think much is also confused when talking about how much the oil company needs vs. wants to balance the books, and how much the country needs vs. wants to balance the books.

I think there is a lot of intentional misinformation being fed to the public, which is being magnified by people who obviously have no idea of costs, and it's being swallowed up at unbelievable rates.

Artificial growth and greed have gotten us where we are today. You can only use 'pretend' numbers for so long, before the system falls apart.

*EDIT*
Some interesting numbers in these articles. The second is from 2012, but pricing and rates havn't changed much, in some cases gone down.

Last edited:
Top Bottom