No Compression Problem

Aware

Reaction score
Hi

First of all my name is Diego, im 22 and im new to Dirt bikes and snowandmud :p
So I bought a Giovanni 125cc pit bike a few weeks ago and today i was gonna go for a ride and the bike has no compression, i can move the kick start with my hand really easy.

I been searching on the internet and so far i came across with 3 things of what could be the problem:

1 - Piston rings (broken or misplaced)
2 - Head Gasket
3 - Valves

Is there anything else i should be looking into when taking apart? (Taking it to a friend with years of experience with bikes)

Also if someone knows where to get this parts in canada? and where can i find the user manual for this bike.

I only had about $600 dlls for the bike and gear so that why i bought a GIO, my main goal this summer was to learn how to ride a bike and i didn't wanted to spend more money on a branded bike to learn how to shift and stuff.

Thanks in advance.

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi

First of all my name is Diego, im 22 and im new to Dirt bikes and snowandmud :p
So I bought a Giovanni 125cc pit bike a few weeks ago and today i was gonna go for a ride and the bike has no compression, i can move the kick start with my hand really easy.

I been searching on the internet and so far i came across with 3 things of what could be the problem:

1 - Piston rings (broken or misplaced)
2 - Head Gasket
3 - Valves

Is there anything else i should be looking into when taking apart? (Taking it to a friend with years of experience with bikes)

Also if someone knows where to get this parts in canada? and where can i find the user manual for this bike.

I only had about $600 dlls for the bike and gear so that why i bought a GIO, my main goal this summer was to learn how to ride a bike and i didn't wanted to spend more money on a branded bike to learn how to shift and stuff.

Thanks in advance.

You pretty much nailed her for the main reasons of no compression, before any tear down, try to time it mechanically and electronicaly (it might just be timing issues/ valves not closing at the right time)... As for parts (really hard to get here in canada) i knw here in the lakeland there is this mechanic shop that repairs chinese knock offs and sells parts for them... Good luck...

Aware

Reaction score
You pretty much nailed her for the main reasons of no compression, before any tear down, try to time it mechanically and electronicaly (it might just be timing issues/ valves not closing at the right time)... As for parts (really hard to get here in canada) i knw here in the lakeland there is this mechanic shop that repairs chinese knock offs and sells parts for them... Good luck...

Thanks for the tips, I'll do the timing before open it up ;)

Also i found this two websites that sells part for Gio bikes if anyone is interested in the future.

Code:
http://www.atvpartscanada.com/products/details/369

http://www.phatjasper.com/Giovanni-Dirt-Bike-Parts.html

Marauder01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well.. just goes to show you that it isnt exactly high quality stuff! lol

not a bad idea buying a cheap ass bike to learn how to ride instead of phucking up a $8,000 machine :D

Top Bottom