Nitrous on Etec XM

MtnMaster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere the snow is deep, and the hills are steep
Just wondering how many people are running a nitrous kit on their XM? I've had it on my last 3 sleds with awesome results, but obviously the etec is a whole different animal. Now that I'm passed break in on the XM, I'd like to install a kit. But, it sure seems like there's not many people out there running it on an Etec. Anyone have experience with the Boss, or Holtzman kits? Holtzman claims its still the same as an 800R and no fuel controller or auxillary fuel bottle (for race fuel) needed. But, that makes me a little bit leary. Seems like you would need a fuel controller to compensate for the extra fuel needed :confused:

stonycat

Reaction score
I have heard the computer is to smart , and compensates timing with the extra O2. That is added with nos

MtnMaster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere the snow is deep, and the hills are steep
thats what I was concerned about. The computer recognizing what's going on, and saying "nope."
But, Holtzman claims it works.... Was looking for people that have tried or are using it before I take their word for it, which has bitten me in the butt with aftermarket companies before. *cough*Boss*cough* oh excuse me, must have something in my throat.

stonycat

Reaction score
I hear ya , I have a turbo cat with a16x174x3 that I don't ride cause I always have the hood open .

Top Bottom