Nitrous Kit

don4802

Reaction score
I have a 2009 600 Dragon 144 2" with a SLP pipe and silencer. The reset is stock. I was thinking of using a Boondocker nitrous (20-50HP) kit with the control box to start at a 30HP boost. I was wonder about clutching to be able to balance regular performance as well as getting the most out of the Nitrous when the button is pushed. Does anyone have any recommendations or will the clutching be fine with the 30HP boost?

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2009 600 Dragon 144 2" with a SLP pipe and silencer. The reset is stock. I was thinking of using a Boondocker nitrous (20-50HP) kit with the control box to start at a 30HP boost. I was wonder about clutching to be able to balance regular performance as well as getting the most out of the Nitrous when the button is pushed. Does anyone have any recommendations or will the clutching be fine with the 30HP boost?

I would say don't waste your time with N2O. You won't be happy.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup you can adjust the clutching for ultimate performance with it but only go down a couple grams on the weights before the nitrous is activated and you will enjoy it a lot

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score

If your going to do it don't run a stock clutch. Talk to DJ about it. You will want to change weights and ramps and springs.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your going to do it don't run a stock clutch. Talk to DJ about it. You will want to change weights and ramps and springs.

from the sleds ive been around with N20 they just use the button to bring revs back up when they drop on a climb. so not much adjustment needed

Last edited:

don4802

Reaction score
yup you can adjust the clutching for ultimate performance with it but only go down a couple grams on the weights before the nitrous is activated and you will enjoy it a lot
So what about fuel? Should I mix 110 with pump gas 93 in a 3gal pump gas with 1gal good stuff? Or is that not really needed, and will to stock sled be able to burn that mixture?

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your clutch should be ok for one thing if you wanted to add 1 or 2 grams of weight you could,but it will under rev a little. If you are just going to hit it when you need it than just leave the clutch alone. If you decide you want to use it all the time than clutch a bit heavy. On a 30 hp shot the clutching will be ok it might over rev 300 rpm more than it should, but it will be fine. Yes you should run a little race gas mix with prem 2 to 3 gal pr tank in case you ever get bad fuel. (sleddock sorry there are no ramps on a polaris clutch just so ya know) give it the spray and let her buck it works well.

Chris

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sorry just to make this clear you do not want to go down in weight (lighter)
if you want to cluch it for nos you will need to go up in weight (heavy) the more hp you make the more weight ya need,the lighter the weight the higher the rpm when you hit the nos you will gain 300 rpm so you woukd add clutch weight.

Chris

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my mistake I got my mind all confused today

Sorry just to make this clear you do not want to go down in weight (lighter)
if you want to cluch it for nos you will need to go up in weight (heavy) the more hp you make the more weight ya need,the lighter the weight the higher the rpm when you hit the nos you will gain 300 rpm so you woukd add clutch weight.

Chris

don4802

Reaction score
my mistake I got my mind all confused today
Not a problem, I got the just of what you where saying. Thanks for the input. Just trying to get as much information as I can so I know what direction to go and how far.

Blownsilver

Reaction score
Iam also thinking of running a shot of spray on a 2010 m8 anyone else running it with a cat? good or bad stories? Ran it in 2 cars I had and yes its not like a turbo but Im not ready to step up with that kind of cash yet

JDen

Reaction score
I run a 45hp shot with a straighline nitrous kit. I put an aem air/fuel guage in and a boondocker control box to tweak it. Other than that, completely stock, runs great, as for fuel, I usually just run 93 at 6000+ feet, sometimes I'll add some c-12, depending on elevation and availability.

JDen

Reaction score
.........forgot to mention that its on a '08 dragon 800 with the updated pistons/head......

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Iam also thinking of running a shot of spray on a 2010 m8 anyone else running it with a cat? good or bad stories? Ran it in 2 cars I had and yes its not like a turbo but Im not ready to step up with that kind of cash yet

Guys nos on the new EFI sleds works well the systems they have now are all computer controll.The nos bottle psi is sent to the fuel controll box as the pressure gets lower and lower in the bottle the box reads the bottle pressure and automaticly adjusts the fuel so you still get the same hit as the first time you hit the button. So as the psi in the bottle gets less and less the controll box takes away fuel so you get the same shot.You can use a a/f gauge or egt to tune it in,its not hard at all to do. Once it is set your done.

Chris

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
run a few boondockers kits. work awesome!

tried the new improved boss safe system...wasnt impressed. could have been installed incorrecty wasnt my sled.

Top Bottom