Nikolai Khabibulin

UMACHME

Reaction score
Edmonton Oilers goalie Nikolai Khabibulin on Tuesday withdrew an appeal to his extreme drunken-driving conviction, accepting a 30-day jail sentence. Police said an officer smelled alcohol and Khabibulin was arrested after a field sobriety test showed his blood-alcohol level at .164, more than double the legal limit.Khabibulin was pulled over in his Ferrari near his Phoenix-area home on Feb. 8, 2010, after the car was clocked at 70 m.p.h. in a 45 m.p.h. zone.
Khabibulin will serve the first 15 days of his sentence in jail with work release and the other half of his sentence under house arrest. He will have to wear an ankle monitor and is subject to random alcohol testing.

He is a great example for your kids isn't he !!!! Maybe he should go to rehab with lindsay lohan toooooooooo !!!

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I don't condone drinking and driving, but why should he be treated any differently than Joe Public? Does everyone who gets charged with DUI automatically lose their jobs? I know a lot of quality people who have f-ed up in their lives at one time and learned from their mistake. Why shouldn't Khabibulin be offered that same chance? As perfect as we all think we might be, we've all made mistakes.

PS. I've never had an impared.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you do the crime you should do the time....

I agree, but the time should be similar for those of different creeds/races/financial situtation etc.

Hell, it should be worse for someone who could clearly afford a personal driver, let alone a fawkin taxi.

Top Bottom