Newb!

yammysnyotas

Reaction score
Hey everyone, came across this site when looking for a bike shop in fort mcmurray. I'm up here working for the next few months and definitely want to get in some riding in on the evenings and weekends, but don't know the area at all.
I'm still fairly new the dirtbiking, but i've gotten out quite a bit in the Calgary area this season already and just want to keep going!

Does anyone know of a place in fort mac that will do bike tunes? My spokes are in desperate need of a tightening before i ride!

I have friends that quad, but im sure theres some single track riding around here that would be pretty epic.

I'm also looking for people to ride with, I'm up here on my own but clearly won't be going out alone.

Thanks!

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:welcomebluesign: to the family!!:d:beer:

Try posting your questions about dirt biking in the "dirt bike" section a little farther down the forum.... you will probably get a lot more response to them then just in the "into" section. Good luck... have fun... and play safe!!

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site Yammy! Its nice to see another female dirtbiker around.

I started on a TTR myself, and I am not surprised at all you are ready to upgrade. That's a good sign! It means your dedicated and committed to the sport! I've been through... 4 bikes in my 4 seasons now to find the right one!

Hopefully you can reach white6 on the site, she is familiar with riding areas up there and might be able to hook up with you sometime. She's an awesome gal to ride with. You can try PMing her as well.

Cheers and good luck! Ride safe.

yammysnyotas

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up!
The TTR was definitely the right bike to start on, but once you get a feel for it, its just not enough to keep up!

Do you ride around Edmonton/Calgary at all? I live in Calgary when im not on site jobs, but am always up for a road trip especially if it means riding some new trails!

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up!
The TTR was definitely the right bike to start on, but once you get a feel for it, its just not enough to keep up!

Do you ride around Edmonton/Calgary at all? I live in Calgary when im not on site jobs, but am always up for a road trip especially if it means riding some new trails!

Nope your right, they are good for bushwhacking, but they are pretty gutless, ever since the TTR i've been on the high performance MX bikes.. the 2 strokes were crazy..I loved the snappy power but too much for the kind of riding I do so I decided to try a 4 stroke MX bike.. awesome. I couldn't be happier with my 150R. I can rip up the track, hit jumps, etc but also great riding in the back country! Tons of power for hill climbing, etc.

I ride everywhere! I'm a weekend warrior, although i've grown a bit tired of the local riding around Edmonton, the only places i've ridden this season so far have been at least 2-3 hours out of town. Nordegg, Rocky so far this year.. some of my fav places. BC is on the list for the upcoming long weekend and then sounds like McLean, and then the Crownest Pass to wrap up the summer..although come fall will be full swing as its my favourite time of year to ride! Not too hot, and a bit drier which favours to the two wheelers!

slednecks82

Reaction score
welcome to S&M and Fort Mac. i live up here in good old mac and there is tons of riding up here. im not sure about dirtbike trails but tons for quads. i quad up here sometimes. if you ever need a tour guide hit me up id show ya around.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, I am sure you'll fine lots of people to show you the good riding areas up there.

Top Bottom