New XP pre-ride tips?

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just picked up my new XP (800 Ptek) this weekend and I wanted to know if you Doo guru's have any particular things you like to do to a new one before riding it. Any bolts that like to come loose? Things that need to be greased? Unneeded parts/panels that can come off? I know what to check on a bike or quad but this is my first snow machine so any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
step one. beat the pizz out of it.

but check out my skiddoo xp maintenance thread tommorow im going to update it tommorow or this week. theres a few things to do to it but not right away. just enjoy it.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd put a skid plate on it. Sometimes you may have to drive over Poo's that are stuck on the hill and in your way. Lol.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like to put gas an oil in mine before I ride it the first time :)

I have never checked out Maxwell's thread before, but I am sure there is some great info in there.

First thing you can do is if the sled is unfamilar to you, open up your owners manual and start reading. Learn how to set the belt deflection. Actually, before even doing that, learn how to change the belt :) Ensure the chain is properly adjusted. If you don't care about noise, start taking all that foam out. That stuff gets heavy when its wet. The greese zerks should be topped up being that the sled is new, but it doesn't hurt to re-greese the skid.

Top Bottom