New Valemount Sledding Areas

GRD

Reaction score
That is awesome. Sounds like you guys did a lot of work...

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hats off to you guys,Wish I could have made the trip!
catmando!

Relic

Reaction score
High everyone; it was a awsome weekend of work on the trails. Just wish they would of let me fix my hair before they took the picks. The trail up Oasies went way faster then we thought it would take with only minor problems.

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish I would have found this site sooner.I would have liked to help out on this.I plan to ride Valemount as much as possible this year.Nice job guys.

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GREAT job done Summiteer and everyone else who helped out with the trail improvements (if I meet up with any of you, there will definitely be a 'gratis' beer comin your way!). I hope the message that the sledding areas are highly valued will get to those whom it will make a difference. Having you guys follow-thru on the committment in preserving and/or opening the areas available, speaks volumes and I for one appreciate your efforts- THANKS!!!.
I am curious as to how Horsey creek trail looked and if was there any changes in the access to the alpine as opposed to the creek itself?:cool:

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping that I get to know all these areas that you guys are talking about.Sounds like there is more areas around that I never heard of untill now.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Excellent Pics ! thanks for posting

Boy those Alberta boys worked hard.

Major thanks goes out to the Terrancana Resort for the majority of the organization as well as putting up and feeding the entire crew for the weekend.

Huge thanks goes out to the crews that came all this way, worked so hard and even used their own equipment. We could not have done this without your help. You boys with those tractors sure know how to run em !

Other donations were provided by:

Hauer Bros Lumber
Monashee Water
Coke
Alpine Country Rentals
P&V's
IGA Valemount & Mcbride
Jasper Fire and IceZee Medical Services
Bumper to Bumper
Spaz Logging
Work Safe BC
Home Hardware
Carrier Lumber
VARDA

We hope to do this as an annual event and will have much more preparation time for next year and we apologize for those who wanted to come, but did not make it.

Thank you all so much !

Sincerely

Curtis Pawliuk
VARDA

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
Greeat job guys. We all appriciate the hard work put in to having great season. Cheers
Steve

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I gotta say that Kevin (Relic), his son and his brother did most of the work into Oasis on Saturday, or their tractors did.... I mean it's one thing to show up with a quad and a chainsaw; but these guys hauled 2 tractors with mowers and a 6X6 ranger up there to help out.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hats off to you boys, I wish i could have been there!!!

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hats off to those great guys.:hi: Glad to hear that the trail into Oasis will be a bit wider now. Those willows have added alot of "Saskatchewan pin stripping" to alot of sleds, over the years.:clap2:

sledvalemount

Reaction score
Website
www.valemountrecreation.com
I can't thank volunteers enough, the weekend was a tremendous success! Fiveteen volunteers made it out and worked their tails off brushing trails in Oasis, Horsey Creek & Keyhole. Not to mention chopping wood at cabins. Please let them know their hard work is appreciated and email me to sign up for info on next years projects gm@terracana.com!

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
One small step for Man....... And one great trail system for the sledders !! AWESOME & thank you all that were able to attend to better so much for so many !!!:bow::You_Rock::thumbsup2::yahoo:

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great job guys wish I could have made it, its people like you that inspire the rest of us......If see any of you on the hill this winter first beer is on me!!! look for the yellow and black RX1. :D And lets not forget Terrancana Lodge for suppling a place to stay, meals provided....way to go!!!!

Rev_it

Reaction score
Website
animalinu.ca
A little mad I didnt see this earlier, but I was out of town that weekend anyway!

Thats great that things went well, look forward to the new adventure!

Thanks to all that helped!

Top Bottom