tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Very Interesting.... Would Be Great To See Easier Access Into These Areas... A Little Blood, Sweat And Tears, For Great Accomodations And A Hottub. Any Idea How Long This Will Take And How Long One Would Have To Volunteer?? Could Be Talked Into This For A Weekend!!!???;)

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Got same email from Lisa.... Sure more info will be posted in next while.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep; I just opened that email tonite. Unfortunatly that's the week we are heading to elk hunting camp.

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WHAT WEEKEND IS THIS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN..... CAN'T SEEM TO FIND IT IN THE E-MAIL???:confused:

It says "Last weekend in September" which would be the 29-30th. It would be a good excuse to get away and do some quadding / working for the benefit of the upcoming sledding season. I will have to see what work is like when the date gets closer.

Mmmmm... sledding:D

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be up for doing something like this, help out the sport, and maybe shed a few lbs for the up coming season....win win situation!:D

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im on my hunting week but maybe able to make it for the first weekend. With my luck with the hunting draws this year the grouse can wait a day or 2. See new country and help with the event no problem. Hope it all works out

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I see a lot of once we get everything in place posts but I'm still not sure its a go.I would like to try and make it but I need some more info like Its a go and is there still accomidations available.
catmando!

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I Agree With Catmandoo I Would Be Willing To Bring My Bobcat Out To Help, But Still Don't Know If It Is A Go.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys

We are doing all we can to get all t's crossed and i's dotted before we post again. Lisa is organizing most of the operation as she has the listed volunteers and VARDA is assisting in the efforts. I believe it is still set for the last weekend in September. We can only remove brush above ground and must stick to the existing road systems for the areas in need of maintenance.

This idea came about late in the season and it is not an easy or fast process to make certain all things are covered. We dont necessary need huge numbers, but skilled operators of brush equipment and power saws. Our main goal as of right now is SAFETY for all volunteers. We will keep you informed as we find more info, but for accomodation questions please call Lisa at the Terracanna.

Thank you to all that are interested, I understand the short notice can be frustrating(especially smack in the middle of critter season) We hope to be able to make this an annual event with sleddars working for the benefit of enjoyable and safe snowmobiling in Valemount.

Curtis Pawliuk
VARDA

Last edited:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the email addy that I have been using to communicate with Lisa at Terracana. We have at least 4 guys from the Whitecourt trailblazers going.. warmup for our own trail cleaning this season.
gm@terracana.com

Shankster

Reaction score
I would be certainly in to an easier safer way up the mountain to get to a wicked riding area! Please post on when this is going to happen as i am in, and it sounds like a good exuse to get together for a good hard working time. Also I don't mind working half as hard on the trail so i can ride twice as hard at the top!!!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well five of us from Whitecourt ended up going to help clear trails in the VARDA area. I think a total of 12 non locals showed up (2 from Edmonton or Sherwood Park, 5 from Vegreville and us) as well as a number of locals. Horsey creek trail was attacked on both Friday and Saturday, Allen Creek Friday(trail was good so they loaded up the wood shed at the cabin while it snowed 6 inches). Saturday the guys from Vegreville that hauled their tractors with mowers to the hills brushed the old logging road into Oasis. And another group went into Keystone with Curtis (Depsnolvr). Curtiss also led a group of locals into Westridge on Sunday.
Lisa at Terrecana put all of us up for the weekend Gratis; meals included(freakin awesome meals!!!) including hot soup and sandwiches for lunch. They'll be seeing us this winter for sure.
The first pic is the brush that the tractors had to hack through, the second shows the path they left.(note the frost line across the valley).the third is the frost just before the logging road becomes impassible on the way to Oasis

Attachments

• zzt.jpg
    zzt.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 169
  • zzz.jpg
    zzz.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 161
  • zzzt.jpg
    zzzt.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 160
Top Bottom